Axis of Evil in my garage! (motorcycles)

mr. anderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who knew they would get along so well!

ye2ao.jpg

not in town just I'd post a pic of my collection of rides

hey how do you like the new bmw, and if you had to choose would you go with the 1198 or the 1000rr

That white Ducatti is SIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiCK!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

That New Bimmer is supposed to be the hot shizzy, too!

And, yeah, what can be said about the Busa.... :rock: ;)

Black1 said:
That white Ducatti is SIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiCK!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

That New Bimmer is supposed to be the hot shizzy, too!

And, yeah, what can be said about the Busa.... :rock: ;)

It most definitely is sick.. Ive been lookin to add another bike to the collection and have been looking at the new beamer due to its insane HP and speed, but am in love with the design of the Duc... But looking for someone who has some first hand experience with both..

So looks like we have the right guy, just need some input now :)..

sweet:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

but ya can only ride one at a time???:dontknow:

ZCx said:
sweet:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

but ya can only ride one at a time???:dontknow:
yeah but you can ride a different one every day:D

How's the BWM? I'm saving up for one. I had a ninja thought it's time to upgrade.

Common now Mr.Anderson lets have our " bike wright up " give us some details.. what bike is the better bike and why ?? :)

all right, all right, here goes a quick write up on my thoughts of all three bikes, good and bad. I'm not gonna chose one over the other, that's why I have all three, duh!

***note, I am 5'11" 155 pound asian dude, so add that to your equation for the review.***

2007 Hayabusa, modified with a HMF highmount dual exhaust. The bike is comfortable for just about any size person, this bike sits lowest of the three. the ride is comfortable and is the softest of the suspensions'. steering is slower and you definately have to "handle" the bike in the twisties. this doesn't mean the bike is slow, you just have to be more sure of the line you pick and ride the line. visibily in the mirrors are very good. comfort is the best of the three for long rides(duh), there is a slight buzz at 4.5k rpm, as is on all I-4's, but it isn't bad. gas mileage is around 35-42 mpg on 87 octane gas, great gas mileage. the heat from this bike even though a big bike I would classify as very rider friendly and good for long distance rides, and very bearable in stop-n-go traffic . brakes are par. they work. big upgrade is usually sintered HH galfer pads and stainless braided lines. this helps the braking effort but it doesn't make it liter bike like braking, but the brakes are decent for a heavy bike very predicatable. acceleration is great at any rpm and any gear with the high torque of a 1300cc engine. transmission is a standard feel for a suzuki, decent and precise not amazing, but overall good. aftermarket is great and you think off it they probably make an aftermarket part that you want. I would classify this bike on par with the "5.0's" aftermarket.

normal maintenance, overall not bad, oil changes are easy plug changes a little more effort needed but not bad, chain adjustment is easy, all these things can be done by any shade tree mechanic. valve shim adjustments are suggested at 15k miles. although most bikes don't need shimming till 30k miles, even then some don't need it.

S1000RR, mine is stock with the race ABS/DTC and shift assist. the ride is decently comfortable for a liter bike, more so than I thought it would be, I have taken multiple 200 mile plus rides without any problem. the suspension is good up front for me, but the rear seems extremely stiff, to the point that I might have to get the rear shock resprung, but that seems to be the norm for most riders notes. maybe BMW made it that still to help the suspension to reduce wheelies, dunno? not sure though. the seat is firm but is good for a couple hours at a time for me, I did and would note that this seat is the most narrow an may be an issue for those with a larger dairy-aire, like i said im a stick, that suffer from ABD(asian butt disease). visibility isn't to bad out of the mirrors for me, but mind you im a wirey stick asian guy :) . the vibration is strongest on this bike through the bars, this bike was made to be light so they didn't add to much to reduce vibes, 4.5k rpm is very noticable in the bars, some have complained, but if you know how to ride right you don't put a lot of weight on your arms, (core strength is key). alot of guys say risers are a must. I disagree if you ride the bike proper. if you do ride the bike long distance though a throttle lock or throttlemeister would help though. brakes I would rate them 9 out of a 10. the ABS is a plus in my book. it is a linked brake system tied to the abs, very responsive but not over intrusive in the brake feel, and only adds 5 pounds to the bike. it does soften the feel a little on very hard braking but that is to be expected. I also think it is dulled a little due to the fact that they are not the brembo monoblock, but 2 piece brembo calipers and the master cylinder is a nissan, and not a brembo. this mismatch may make it feel a little off. don't make this a big thing just a notable thing. overall again the brakes are a 9 out of a 10. acceleration, wow, nothin like it on the market. it is nice to know that with the DTC it is looking out for you. it can't stop a extremely stupid mistake but it can correct for a majority of mistakes. the california bike school, since using these bikes have reduced rider crashes to a 25 percent of what they used to average. that's proven results right there. I would say for the average to enthusiest rider that it adds confidence in the ride that you know you have a "safety net" and that lets you explore your boundaries more. also a note, even with the slick module installed, 100 percent throttle is quickly brought on by the computer over 4 second, even if you peg the throttle out of hole. there is just to much power to do it any quicker without spinning tire or doing a constant unicycle impression. this makes the power on the bike VERY usable, very linear throttle response. the transmission comes with all gears undercut and strengthened from the factory, nice touch. the shift assist is a must have item, period. also this bike comes with a slipper clutch. very nice. never thought I needed one as I liked to blip the throttle to match rpm's on downshifts. but now that I have it I really enjoy it . oddly enough since the gears are so tight together this bike is the hardest of the three to find neutral. the ride itself: turns, the bike seems to fall into the turns for me and feels surgical precise, just has that sterile german engineering feel to( ie no emotional feeling to the turns just precision and consise) it is the best way I can describe it. since the bike is so light, it feels like a 600 in the turns and is VERY flickable. Heat, since it is a race bike heat is noticable in stop and go traffic, the fan blows the the radiator heat more to the left side and heats up the frame pretty warm. definately wouldn't ride shorts on a trip around town, not that I would do that anyway. on the highway the bike minds itself and brings the temps down decently. gas mileage is around 32-42 city highway. it has a 4.5 gallon tank so it goes pretty good between tanks and 89 octane is recommended. I can usually go around 150 before the light comes on then I have about a gallon left. the bike sounds good also, even stock, 14K rpms sounds sick, this bike reminds me of a smaller version of a F1 car when rev'ed up. the aftermarket is already coming on strong since this bike is winning so much in the AMA series with so many amateur riders.
Maintenance, most things I have read up on are easily done by most shade tree mechanics on this bike also, oil changes are easy, spark plugs are not hard to get to either. chain adjustments are easy also. valve shim adjustments are recommended at 15k miles, no data to support how this will go, so we will see. the one negative with BMW is that you need the software and a laptop to shut off the service engine light when it comes on. the software and cable is around $300. but it is a vehicle diagnostics tool and a couple other things,so not completely a bad thing. but definately a detractor if your not looking for it. one benefit though if you live in a big town with other people, you might find someone that has it and just use theirs to shut it off.

The Ducati 1198, mine is stock so far, all that I have done is opened up the dry clutch cover to reduce the clutch dust and help cool it. the seat, hard as plywood. it is a wide seat and is well shaped for mobility. riding distance on this bike would be less than ideal but I think I could handle it for a long distance ride once in a while. visibility out of the mirrors are laughable, you know they put them there to make the bike street legal( and they hold the turn signal so at least they have a usable function:) . gas mileage 4.5 gallon tank, but I have yet to get more than 2.5 gallons in it when the light comes on, I average 33-36 mpg. usually about 100-120 miles till the light comes on. you MUST fill up when the light comes on asap, there is usually less than .5 gallon left in the bike. don't say i didn't warn you. brakes, 330mm discs, brembo monoblocks and brembo radial master cylinder, nothing more to say. a f'n 11 out of 10! they even tuned down the amount of initial bite on the 09's from the 1098's since they were to grabby. honestly I am still learning and practice panic braking to learn the brakes on this bike to better reduce my braking distance, they are outstanding. the dry clutch on the bike is sweet music with its clatter. love it, but that is subjective, to each their own.
speaking of noise. the sound of the L-twin, wow. is there any sweeter sound??? if there is let me know. suspension, you can tell ducati has done A LOT of homework on this, even the stock showa, it's a very capable suspension out of the box and a firmer feel but it communicates the feel of the ride greatly. don't discount it just cuz it's showa suspension, for 90 percent of the riders out there, this is more than capable suspension for most riders. Turn's, the initial turn in is telepathic, think it, and it goes that way initially, this thing makes your feel like your riding on a roller coaster through the turns, it does require a little more effort once past initial turn it and will fight back if you don't get the turn right, but learn it and, it repays you with a feel like no other. acceleration, any gear, any rpm, torque of a v-twin, what else is there to say. this thing sings up to red-line and is a wheelie machine in first and second gear, no clutching up needed to do a wheelie. the throttle response on this bike, too, is very linear, making very drivable even in substandard weather, who rides a ducati in the rain intentionally though?? transmission in this bike is very positive, I find the shifts are a minutely longer throw than the other two bikes but it has a very positive feel when engaged in gear, neutral is easiest to find, of the three bikes, for me.
heat, this thing is a f'n convection oven...all the time. not only do you have the exhaust running under your ass. but you have the rear jug throwing heat right into your crotch, the engine runs hot, 200 degrees is the norm, it will cool down on the highway to 185, but not out of the norm hitting 220-230. get stuck in stop-n-go traffic and you will pay, DEARLY!!!
maintenance. normal stuff is do-able by the shade tree mechanic. oil changes are easy, spark plugs are not bad, the rear chain adjustment requires a special spanner wrench that costs around 30-60 dollars since it is a single-sided swingarm and has a eccentric to adjust the chain tension, but is an easy adjustment. valve shims are recommended at 15k miles and should be followed as there are usually some that need shimming. ducati's also require timing belts to be changed every 15k miles or every two years. some have done this as required, and the belts usually look pretty good at 2 years on normally riden bikes. some think that you could push this to 3 years. but that would be up to the rider. this is an interference engine, so that would be your call if your willing to risk it for a couple $100 dollar parts. the ducati follows suit with the BMW with the required software/cable and a laptop to shut off the service engine light on oil changes, same things apply to the duc as the bmw there. nice, but could be worked around if someone else has one. I think this can be had for around $250.

so, to sum it up.
busa, the jack of all trades bike, great bike- aka old faithful.

bmw, coolest ride, kicks butt, no personality, but does everything outstanding and makes me feel like a pro rider.

ducati, horrible mirror vision, seat like a piece of plywood, convection oven on the upper legs and crotch, but the ride and the sound of the bike make up for all of it and then some. I feel like i'm riding a non-streetlegal bike on the street and this bike give me the most satisfaction riding it.

I didn't go into the looks/ asthetics of the bikes as this is very subjective.

was that a book? sorry. and that was condensed.

Last edited:
Hey great wright up,, Good info... I'm on a 1100 Monster right now, so I have the longer tripper down, Now I'm looking for some insane power and fun :)...

So on that note whats your choice Bimmer or 1198 :)

mr. anderson said:
all right, all right, here goes a quick write up on my thoughts of all three bikes, good and bad. I'm not gonna chose one over the other, that's why I have all three, duh!

note I am 5'11" 155 pound asian dude, so add that to your equation for the review.

2007 Hayabusa, modified with a HMF highmount dual exhaust. The bike is comfortable for just about any size person, this bike sits lowest of the three. the ride is comfortable. steering is slower and you definately have to "handle" the bike in the twisties. this doesn't mean the bike is slow, you just have to be more sure of the line you pick and ride the line. visibily in the mirrors are very good. comfort is the best of the three for long rides(duh) there is a slight buzz at 4.5k rpm, as is on all I-4's but it isn't bad. gas mileage is around 35-42 mpg on 87 octane gas. great gas mileage. the heat from this bike even though a big bike I would classify as very rider friendly and good for long distance rides, and very bearable in stop-n-go traffic. brakes are par. they work. big upgrade is usually sintered HH galfer pads and stainless braided lines. this helps the braking effort but it doesn't make it literbike like braking, but the brakes are decent for a heavy bike. acceleration is great at any rpm and any gear with the high torque of a 1300cc engine. transmission is a standard feel for a suzuki, decent and precise not amazing but overall good. aftermarket is great and you think off it they probably make an aftermarket part that you want. I would classify this bike on par with the "5.0's" aftermarket.

normal maintenance, overall not bad, oil changes are easy plug changes a little more effort needed but not bad, chain adjustment is easy, all these things can be done by any shade tree mechanic. valve shim adjustments are sugested at 15k miles. although most bikes don't need shimming till 30k miles even then some don't need it.

S1000RR, mine is stock with the race ABS/DTC and shift assist. the ride is decently comfortable for a liter bike, more so than I thought it would be, I have taken multiple 200 mile plus rides without any problem. the suspension it good up front for me but the rear seems extremely stiff, to the point that I might have to get the rear shock respringed, but that seems to be the norm for most riders notes, and that maybe BMW made it that still to help the suspension to reduce wheelies? not sure though. the seat is firm but is good for a couple hours at a time for me, I did and would not that this seat is the most narrow an may be an issue for those with a larger dairy-aire, like i said im a stick, that suffer from ABD(asian butt disease). visibility isn't to bad out of the mirrors for me, but mind you im a wirey stick asian guy :) brakes I would rate them 9 out of a 10. the vibration is strongest on this bike through the bars, this bike was made to be light so they didn't add to much to reduce vibes, 4.5k rpm is very noticable in the bars, some have complained, but if you know how to ride right you don't put a lot of weight on your arms, (core strength is key). alot of guys say risers are a must. I disagree if you ride the bike proper. if you do ride the bike long distance though a throttle lock or throttlemeister would help though. the ABS is a plus in my book. it is a linked brake system tied to the abs, very responsive but not over intrusive in the brake feel, and only adds 5 pounds to the bike. it does soften the feel a little on very hard braking but that is to be expected. I also think it is dulled a little due to the fact that they are not the brembo monoblock but 2 piece brembo calipers and the master cylinder is a nissan and not a brembo, this mismatch may make it feel a little off. don't make this a big thing just a notable thing. overall again the brakes are a 9 out of a 10. acceleration, wow, nothin like it on the market. it is nice to know that with the DTC it is looking out for you. it can't stop a extremely stupid mistake but it can correct for a majority of mistakes. the california bike school since using these bikes have reduced rider crashes to a 25 percent of what they used to average. that's proven results right there. I would say for the average to enthusiest rider that it adds confidence in the ride that you know you have a "safety net" and that lets you explore your boundaries more. also a note even with the slick module installed 100 percent throttle is eased on by the computer over 4 second. there is just to much power to do it any quicker without spinning tire or doing a constant unicycle impression. this makes the power on the bike VERY usable, very linear throttle response. the transmission comes with all gears undercut and strengthened from the factory, nice touch. the shift assist is a must have item. also this bike comes with a slipper clutch. very nice. never thought I needed one as I liked to blip the throttle to match rpm's on downshifts. but now that I have it I really enjoy it. odly enough since the gears are so tight together I have the hardest time with this bike finding neutral. the ride itself: turns, the bike seems to fall into the turns for me and feels surgical precise, just has that sterile german engineering feel to( ie no emotional feeling to the turns just precision and consise) it is the best way to describe it. since the bike is so light, it feels like a 600 in the turns and is VERY flickable. Heat, since it is a race bike heat is noticable in stop and go traffic, the fan blows the the radiator heat more to the left side and heats up the frame pretty warm. definately wouldn't ride shorts on a trip around town, not that I would do that anyway. on the highway the bike minds itself and brings the temps down decently. gas mileage is around 32-42 city highway. it has a 4.5 gallon take so it goes pretty good between tanks. I can usually go around 150 before the light comes on then I have about a gallon left. the biek sounds good also, even stock, 14K sounds sick, this bike reminds me of a smaller version of a F1 car when rev'ed up. the aftermarket is already coming on strong since this bike is winning so much in the AMA series with so many amateur riders.
Maintenance, most things I have read up on are easily done by most shade tree mechanics on this bike also, oil changes are easy, spark plugs are not hard to get to either. chain adjustments are easy also. valve shim adjustments are recommended at 15k miles, no data to support how this will go, so we will see. the one negative with BMW is that you need the software and a laptop to shut off the service engine light when it comes on. the software and cable is around $300. but it is a vehicle diagnostics tool and a couple other things,so not completely a bad thing. but definately a detractor if your not looking for it. one benefit though if you live in a big town with other people, you might find someone that has it and just use theirs to shut it off.

The Ducati 1198, mine is stock so far, all that I have done is opened up the dry clutch cover to reduce the clutch dust and help cool it. the seat, hard as plywood. it is a wide seat and is well shaped for mobility. riding distance on this bike would be less than ideal but I think I could handle it for a long distance ride once in a while. visibility out of the mirrors are laughable, you know they put them there to make the bike street legal( and they hold the turn signal so at least they have a usable function:). gas mileage 4.5 gallon tank but I have yet to get more than 2.5 gallons in it when the light comes on average 33-36 mpg. usually about 100-120 miles till the light comes on. you must fill up when the light comes on asap, there is usually less than .5 gallon left in the bike. don't say i didn't warn you. brakes, 330mm brembo monoblock nothing more to say. a f'n 10 out of 10! they even tuned down the amount of initial bite on the 09's from the 1098's since they were to grabby. honestly I am still learning and practice panic braking to learn the brakes on this bike better, they are outstanding. the clutch on the bike is sweet music with its clatter. love it.
speaking of noise. the sound of the L-twin, wow. is there any sweeter sound, if there is let me know. suspension, you can tell ducati has done A LOT of homework on this, even the stock showa it's a very capable suspension out of the box. don't discount it just cuz it's showa suspension, for 90 percent of the riders out there. this is more than capable for most riders. Turn's, the initial turn in is telepathic, think it and it goes that way initially, this thing makes your feel like your riding on a roller coaster through the turns, it does require a little more effort once past initial turn it and will fight back if you don't get the turn right but learn it and it repays you with a feel like no other. acceleration, any gear, any rpm, torque of a v-twin, what else is there to say. this thing sings up to red-line and is a wheelie machine in first and second gear, no clutching up needed to do a wheelie needed. the throttle responce on this bike, too is very linear, making very drivable even in substandard weather, who rides a ducati in the rain intentionally though. transmission in this bike is very positive, I find the shifts are a minutely longer throw than the other two bikes but it has a very positive feel when engaged in gear, neutral is easiest to find, of the three bikes, for me.
heat, this thing is a f'n convection oven. all the time. not only do you have the exhaust running under your ass. but you have the rear jug throwing heat right into your crotch, the engine runs hot, 200 degrees is the norm it will cool down on the highway to 185, but not out of the norm hitting 220. get stuck in stop-n-go traffic and you will pay, DEARLY.
maintenance. normal stuff is do-able by the shade[tree mechanic. oil changes are easy, spark plugs are not bad, the rear chain adjustment requires a special spanner wrench that costs around 30-60 dollars since it is a single-sided swingarm and has a eccentric to adjust the chain tension, but is an easy adjustment. valve shims are recommended at 15k miles and should be followed as there are usually some that need shimming. ducati's also require timing belts to be changed every 15k miles or every two years. some have done this as required and the belts usually look pretty good at 2 years on normally riden bikes. some think that you could push this to 3 years. but that would be up to the rider. this is an interference engine so that would be your call if your willing to risk it for a couple 100 dollar parts. the ducati follows suit with the BMW with the required software/cable and a laptop to shut off the service engine light, same things apply to the duc as the bmw there. nice but could be worked around if someone else has one. I think this can be had for around $250.

so, to sum it up.
busa, the jack of all trades bike, great bike- aka old faithful.

bmw, coolest ride, kicks butt, no personality, but does everything outstanding and makes me feel like a pro rider.

ducati, horrible mirror vision, seat like a piece of plywood, convection oven on the upper legs and crotch, but the ride and the sound of the bike make up for all of it and then some. I feel like i'm riding a non-streetlegal bike on the street and this bike give me the most satisfaction riding it.

I didn't go into the looks/ asthetics of the bikes as this is very subjective.

was that a book? sorry. and that was condensed.

yup, you have to make that decision if you have to chose. I think things would definately be different if I could only have one bike, and I really don't think I could honestly make a choice since I didn't have to.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back