B&B HEADER LEAK?

Tito#14SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am having an air leak sound coming from headers...not too long ago it was on driver's side re-tighten both sides noise went away now im having the same noise coming from passenger side. Is there anything I can use to help stop the leak after I re-tighten again? Maybe thread lock on bolts and also use lock washers?? Right now I am using what I got sent from B&B which was the individual gaskets [which by the way are a pain to put on trying to put the headers on and not having none of them fall off while your trying to install in the process]. Just something where I dont have to keep re-tightening them so often. thanks......:rock: :rock: :rock:

Use the factory exhaust gaskets, very good and easier to install. Be VERY careful not to try to overtighten your header bolts, remember you are going in to aluminum.

Should have thrown away the supplied gaskets. Buy the stock factory steel wafer type and torque them once and youre done. The gaskets you have need to be torqued 3 times...50 mi, 200 mi and 500mi.

I have a brand new set of OEM gaskets if you want them;) :dontknow:

Yellow venom said:
There's always the ARP stage 8 locking header bolts also.

The Correct Stage 8 bolts is P/N = 8909 :) :rock:
Pack of (20) 5/16-18x7/8" bolts 6pt DHH
Price is $79.39 from Stage8.com

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back