Back in the saddle - again!

Big Asp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck back but had to leave on two subsequent trips. It was tough being away when I knew what was waiting for me back home in my garage. So now I'm breaking the engine in - again. It feels good but really "new engine" tight. But, I'll have it loosened up in a few days. I ended up with the MP PCM, MP cold air intake, MP "One Lap" cam, high flow cats, Centerforce clutch and Fidanza flywheel. It needed a new set of pistons, one rod and a new crank. Jack helped me out when they found metal had chewed up the oil pump in my timing cover. He traded me covers since he is using a dry sump on his and doesn't need the pump. Jack is the BEST!!!! We slapped the stock exhaust on it to get it on the street. I'll dyno it after break-in and then install a Magnaflow catback and dyno it again within minutes. That way I can see what difference it makes on my set-up. I am quite pleased with the way the powdercoating came out on the valve covers and the intake manifold.

BTW, what did I miss while I was gone?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 129
Thats way cool, Phil. We need to sometime get together before your big trip and take pics of our two rides (maybe we can talk Steve into it as well.)

Jeff

Dude that engine looks nice - 'specially the Valve Covers!!!:rock:

Hope the break-in goes well and all holds - Good Luck w/ it!:D

Well Phil, it looks like your trip is just about over. And what a ride it's been.
Dan might have an extra Paxton laying around somewhere for YOU Phil, if you change your mine about staying N/A.
Maybe next time you come out to see your son you can drive her to California.

I'll be waiting,
Quick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back