Bad Stealership experiences

venom 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought this would be a good thread. I know it has happened to alot of us. Post up your dealership horror stories, we all have a couple good one's Im sure. You know, when you take your truck or family cruiser to the dealership for something simple and then before you know it you need a new motor, let's hear them:D

I took my camaro to the chevy dealer one year because it was idling rougher than usual. they call me up an hour later and tell me it needs

plugs
wires
water pump
opti
upper rad hose
lower rad hose
air filter
fuel filter

and it will come to 2500$

i was like uhh bye bye

First...... I know it is a FORD.

I took the Lightning in to have it serviced and looked at. Shifting funny?

"Nothing is wrong with it, It shifts that way because of the SC"

Ok.

2 months later. BOOM. The 6,8 piston came through the block. It red lined for a sec and that was it.

Towed in and they R&R the motor (Warranty)

I aked for them to check the trans because of the redlining.

"Mr. Griffin it is fine."

Good!

Three months later BOOM the bottom end was done again.

Took it back to the Dealership,

" Oh you are out of warranty! The trans, motor, SC needs replacing. You trans went out."

No SH#T!

But in the end it cost me $3,000.00 on motor and trans R&R.

I traded 2 months later on the RED beast in my garage now:rock:

GriffsSRT said:

Ok.

2 months later. BOOM. The 6,8 piston came through the block. It red lined for a sec and that was it.

Good!

" Oh you are out of warranty! The trans, motor, SC needs replacing. You trans went out."

No SH#T!

WOW, That is a good one:argh: :argh:

GriffsSRT said:

Ok.

Good!

No SH#T!

The cost of owning a Ferd:D

TheMoparConnection said:
I have them everyday...:D Customers..I swear!:p
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

My first Chrysler product was a brand new Dodge Stratus, took it to my local car wash and they detailed it and waxed it, it was purdy. The next day I took it in for it's 3000 mile service.

When I went to pick it up, the kid drove it out, jumped out, tossed me the
keys and said have a nice day.

When I took the car in it was Blue, when he got out of it, it was white??? The front lower spoiler was hanging down on the ground, held in place by one remaining fastner. Under the car it was draggin a tumbleweed that had become imbedded in the frame, the front facia was cracked and all kinds of dents in the front end.

I went friggin balistic and said get me the manager, the service manager was gone for the day so I said, get me some friggin manager out here immediately.

The sales manager showed up and asked what was wrong, I explained to him about the detailing I had done the day before and said, I didn't bring it this way and I'm not taking it home this way. So, he went in a got a camera and took all kinds of photos, arranged for me to get a loaner and sent me home.

The next day I get to the dealer and they have my car up on a rack, so I walked in and this body guy is saying, we can just push the spoiler back in there and let it go.

I then opened my big mouth and started in on the owner, service manager and the body guy. I finished my tirad with "The worst part is that I the customer has to come in here and tell you assholes what you have to do to fix my car and lose a days pay while doing it"

A week later, they call me and say the car is finished, I go to pick it up and it's perfect, whole new front facia, fenders, everything fixed, full tank of gas and they asked me how much money I make an hour, so I tell them, they immediately cut me a check for a days pay.

The really great thing was that I got to watch the mechanic who took my car out in the desert and played dune buggy with it, pack up his tool box and walk out the door after they fired him.

Two weeks later I get a letter from the service manager asking me to take my business else where. I went to the dealer and talked to the owner and asked if that meant they would no longer warrenty my car, got to watch the service manager clean out his desk too.

I've bought a total of 3 cars and 3 trucks from them since and never had another problem

Last edited:
I had a 1995 Chrysler Sebring and it had been hit on the lot before I bought it. So the body work was never done right and the cladding kept getting caught in the door. I Later found out, just before I got rid of the car the driver-side door was never hung correctly, dealer never figured this out, hence the reason for the cladding problem. Anyway, the car is taken down to the dealer for about the third time to have the cladding replaced and the door adjusted because it was not shutting right (dropping down) on the driver door and a pulling problem while driving. The car was washed and cleaned up by me and my Dad before we dropped it off. Car is there for a couple days and we go to pick it up. It is beyond filthy when the car is pulled around to the front of the dealership. So why we are talking to one of the sales guys before we leave I kind of look at the car and something just does not look right on the front end. So I go over and look at it and there is a about a 1 inch by 3/4 inch piece of the lower fascia missing, gouged out from it hitting something. All of the paint on the lower fascia is spidered and the lower part is bent down. Part that caught my eye about not looking right from a distance. Both me and my father go ballistic at this point and the sales manager is the only one there at the time so he says don't worry about it we'll take care of it first thing in the morning.

So we leave the F'd up dirty car. I call the next morning from work and talk to the service manager. He says its old damage and that his guys would never do such a thing and that I did it before I dropped it off and was going to have to pay for it. I basically tell him he is full of shit and that I have seen his lot boys (kids) drive around the lot like Mario Andretti and that is probably how it happen. He then proceeds to to F me out over the phone. I wanted to kill this guy. He was a typical slim bag service manager looking to rip off whoever he could and thought he was brilliant at it. When in reality he was a dumb ass.

So I calm down and we get Chrysler involved and let them know the BS we are dealing with. We go down to the dealership and look at the car. It is still filthy from the body-shop and the chunk missing from the spoiler is clean as a whistle. So I ask the genius service manager how that is possible if it is old damage (how could it be clean). No answer of course. I then walk over to the bay where they performed a front and alignment and the lift matches up exactly where the damage is. Duesch bag still has no clue. We tell him he is going to fix the car and if not Chrysler is going to be involved. He basically told us to F off again, and says, "Go ahead, get Chrysler involved!". So, again the car stays and Chrysler is called.

In the end, asshole had to give us two new front tires because we told Chrysler that the reason the alignment was being performed is because they screwed it up previously and the two front tires were wearing out. All body work was to be paid for by the service department at any body shop of our choosing, not the dealership. That means parts, paint, and labor. (That dealership had its own body-shop by the way, so they took this one up the backside). This was ordered by the Chrysler service rep., telling the dealer what they were going to do to rectify the problem. If not, you have problems with Chrysler. Needless to say, that service manager did not work at the dealership much longer after that.

Last edited:
Yea, it really worked out well, I take my truck in now, deal with only one tech writer and when I pick up my truck, it's been washed and detailed and he and I do a walk around.

They really treat me well there now.

ccfeyh said:
Yea, it really worked out well, I take my truck in now, deal with only one tech writer and when I pick up my truck, it's been washed and detailed and he and I do a walk around.

They really treat me well there now.
is that Hunter Dodge you take it to?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back