Bad Vibration

jerew65

Supporting Member
Reaction score
'04 RC
When starting to move from a dead stop, I slowly release the clutch and the truck vibrates a bit until the clutch is fully released. What do you think is causing that?:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Truck only has 7,000 miles on it.

Just started this year, just when I brought it out of winter storage. The clutch is original and only has 7,000 miles on it.

I imagine it's just corrosion built up on the flywheel and clutch disc and pressure plate from sitting. Dr. recommends going out and having a few spirited romps down the road and clearing this corrosion off. Basically the same principal as your brake rotors and pads. Let your ride sit especially in humid climate and your stuff will be rusted. You start driving and a few stops and its all shiny again, not to mention grabbing better. The clutch is the same way.;)

I imagine it's just corrosion built up on the flywheel and clutch disc and pressure plate from sitting. Dr. recommends going out and having a few spirited romps down the road and clearing this corrosion off. Basically the same principal as your brake rotors and pads. Let your ride sit especially in humid climate and your stuff will be rusted. You start driving and a few stops and its all shiny again, not to mention grabbing better. The clutch is the same way.;)

Makes sence. Id agree with Venomous on this one. Dump that clutch a couple times and have fun doing it lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back