Battle with downed branches

enforcer17

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got hit hard last week with heavy snow that took down a lot of branches and the ones the plow pushed off to the side are still on the shoulder. Well, yesterday a car ahead of me kicked out a branch and I was unable to avoid (without a head on), so a number of small branches scraped along the right fender and door. Luckily it only smeared the clear coat, didn't get down to the color coat.

Anyone have any recommendations what to use to buff these out? They are not major but now that I know they are there they stand out like a sour thumb.

Take it to a body shop or a good detailer.
Don't take this personaly.... but if you got to ask, you don't know what you are doing and can make a bigger mess of the scratches and make many more.

Not at all, mechanically I can handle almost any issue, but body/exterior paint work was always an issue. Need to find a good detailer in the area, most body shops in NE only want insurance claim work.

Usually a good high speed buff will take out minor scratches, but a high speed buffer in the hands of someone who doesn't really know what they are doing can turn a scratch into a repaint.
There are many steps even with the high speed. Different compounds/waxes and different pads.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back