BBK Throttle Body

Would you buy a BBK Throttle Body

• Total voters
Have any of you tried changing the torque on the mounting screws? I was able to get my X-Vendor TB to hang by just a little too much torque on one corner.;)

FWIW, I have had zero problems with mine, cold or hot.

Ironhead said:
i payed it going there they paid it coming back !i looked at mine real close they also changed the body too ,,,so as far as i can tell the only thing the same is the shaft itself ,,,i will install when i get a chance if it sticks just once i will remove it and ask for a refund ,,,i cant really tell too much if any diff between my Xmetal and BBK ,,,except my X does not stick

Im glad I posted this up before spending $400 for 10hp. I've read carefully and this product is not without issues, esp being a 1st production run. My decision is not to burn $400 on a mixed review product. Thanx to everyone for your input.

Yellow venom said:
Just some info on a dyno run with the BBK with a ROE,the HP dropped:mad: ,I think it was 10HP,but will check on that.
Sorry to hear about that. :eek: For reference, what TB were you running prior? Ported stock? Stock? Roe? X-Vendor?

You appear to be in the minority for losing HP with the BBK. Should have checked your info 100% before posting a statement such as this.

Yellow venom said:
Just some info on a dyno run with the BBK with a ROE,the HP dropped:mad: ,I think it was 10HP,but will check on that.

Jigsaw89 said:
You appear to be in the minority for losing HP with the BBK. Should have checked your info 100% before posting a statement such as this.

it wasn't Joe's truck it was mine, but we are still trying to figure out why it's still having low hp numbers as for the before run it was a stock tb

Jigsaw89 said:

It was Ramcharger guys truck and it was a 10HP LOSS!!:mad: I don't post gossip!:D

Well my TB sticking has disappeared ,after the adjustments , i made. I have run it a few days now ,and no issues. Turning the stop screw in 1 full revolution and loosening the cable bracket bolts and moving bracket forward. I am going to go back and torque the bolts , I didn't use a torque wrench when I put it on. Probally 12 to 15 ft pounds should do it. I do like the better throttle response, and it is a quality piece. I had a similar problem with my Lightning throttlebody , it was sticking upon opening because the blade was closed so much it was creating a perfect seal, it would take some extra effort and would pop open very annoying , i cured that with same method of turning the stop screw a few turns out and opening the blade , Idle air control closed more but with in its range and kept the rpm in control.

Last edited:
put the returned /repaired BBk TB back on this evening ,,,had to adjust screw a half a turn to get rid a vary slight sticking ,,wont know for sure till i drive it to work and back and get it good and warmed up ,,,

Hoping for the best results this time :rock:

Ironhead said:
put the returned /repaired BBk TB back on this evening ,,,had to adjust screw a half a turn to get rid a vary slight sticking ,,wont know for sure till i drive it to work and back and get it good and warmed up ,,,

Hoping for the best results this time :rock:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Ram From Hell said:
Have any of you tried changing the torque on the mounting screws? I was able to get my X-Vendor TB to hang by just a little too much torque on one corner.;)

FWIW, I have had zero problems with mine, cold or hot.

This is exactly what I encountered (and posted about before).

Also ZERO problems since!

Bill.

drove it to work two days in a row ,,,no problemo ,,,,no adjustments had to be made ,,,if you are having any problem with a BBK TB dont screw around send it back and they will fix it :rock:

Ironhead said:
drove it to work two days in a row ,,,no problemo ,,,,no adjustments had to be made ,,,if you are having any problem with a BBK TB dont screw around send it back and they will fix it :rock:

ok:sheep: :toilet:

But that sucks for you to buy something new and so many people have problems with it.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back