bearing noise

yves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lately i get a noise from the front wheels when i push the brakes hard, the brake pads are almost gone, but have still enough to break, i suspect some problem with the wheel bearings , anyone else having this problem ?

yves said:
lately i get a noise from the front wheels when i push the brakes hard, the brake pads are almost gone, but have still enough to break, i suspect some problem with the wheel bearings , anyone else having this problem ?

Probably just your wear indicator tabs hitting the rotors telling you it's time for new pads. I'd be really, no REALY surprised if both front wheel bearings were going out.

Take a look at the brake rotors and see if you have any gouging happening. I would get the pads replaced (since you need to anyways) and see if your noise goes away, if it does, then you found your problem. You can contact one of our vendors for your specific needs:

X-metal - Aftermarket EBC Green Pads
Avondale - Factory Mopar pads

-Red

Your bearings are a sealed unit , you should hav no problems out of thm till at least 60,000 miles if thn.

More than likely your pads are grinding into the rotor, causing a bearing like noise.

I would take them immediatly and have them replaced, if your that low you could cause more damage and possibly need rotors if you keep running it the way it is.

I just wonder why someone would not replace the pads if they knew they they were significantly worn....? This is a minor hit, but a major problem if you wait too long...

brake pads will be replaced as soon as i have them, they are on order since a week,i am not planning to drive the truck with used brakes !

yves said:
brake pads will be replaced as soon as i have them, they are on order since a week,i am not planning to drive the truck with used brakes !

Thanks! We love you and we know you drive like the rest of us...so brakes are vital to all of us...I remember a thread where someone was thinking about doing away with the back brakes to fit slicks...the uproar was deafening...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back