Bed Rug

Vtruck

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a Bed Rug but have a question or two for anyone that presently has one in there bed. Will the paint in the bed below the rug get scratched from the Bed Rug? Also will water get in between the Bed Rug foam and the actual bed like it does with a standard plastic bed liner? My bed is never used and I don't want to have the Bed Rug mess the paint up or trap water and rust the bed out. I like the look of the Bed Rug but don't want to mess the truck up just for looks. Thanks for any help anyone can provide....

The bed rug breathes so water doesnt get trapped under it......and it doesnt move around like plastic liners rubbing the paint off,,

No,it shouldn't affect the bed at all,for water, it goes under the box rail so it should be fine,moisture will not bother it at all,its designed for everyday use and weather,there is formed foam on bottom to fit like a glove in the ribs of the box floor too.

The Bed Rugs are great, will not hold water. I had a Hemi truck with an uncovered Bed Rug in it that sat outside every nite for two years and the Bed Rug looked new when I traded it in. I have another one in this truck, would have nothing else.

vtruck I also think that venom performance has a good deal on bedrugs, if I remember correctly:stupido2:

They are supporting members of the club, buy from them!

I have had a Bed Rug in my truck for 5 years now, with no problems in any way.

Bill.

Thanks for all of the replies and info. I was more worried about water getting trapped in between the truck's bed and the Bed Rug. The truck doesn't see rain but when I wash it, I don't want to have to pull the Rug out to dry the bed off, if that were the case.
On a side note, I have been trying to find a soft tonneau cover for the bed that would have the rails on the inside of the bed so I can still keep the wing on the back. I looked into one but the company is now out of business. Do any of you know of a soft tonneau cover that works with our trucks and the stock wing? I don't want a hard one or one of those hard roll up ones.

Thanks again..

Nearing 100K miles on my bedrug and trust me it has seen everything in it. They claim it won't stain but I can assure you dripping 2 stroke oil from the power valves will...:rock: As for moisture or damage...can't say. Rarely if ever rains here and I haven't pulled the rug to see how the paint has held up. I'd suspect fairly well as I have pulled the portion on the tailgate and it was fine. I'd buy the bedrug again no questions. Heck, for 100K celebration I might just install a new one!

l bought my Bedrug from Stinker, and have had 0 issues with it. Fits extremely well, went on very easily. Especially if you're only anticipating a little bit of water from washing it, you'll have no issues as well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back