Belanger Headers Peeling

Thomas J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 QC-
Belanger headers added in 06? (previous owner). Hear good things about them, but they are peeling on the top and sides and make the bay look pretty bad. How common is this issue with this brand and what are common causes? Need to solve the issue, so I can only assume a removal and recoating of some kind is in order. Thoughts on what, who, and cost?

Mine are doing the same thing after 30K miles. Belanger will recoat them, but there maybe a cheaper alternative.

Ceramic coatings can peel after years of use. It is actually quite easy to have them prepped and recoated. Do you have any coating places in your area? I would expect it would cost under $300.

My Belanger headers came with a certificate allowing one free recoat. You may see if the previous owner has the paperwork or call Belanger and see if they can honor the free recoat for you.

My Belanger headers came with a certificate allowing one free recoat. You may see if the previous owner has the paperwork or call Belanger and see if they can honor the free recoat for you.

nothing like that in my box…………..:confused::confused:

although i have to say that they were ALOT easier to install than B body big block headers in the OLD days so i didn't scratch them up like i thought i would

Belanger in the past has said they offer one free recoat - not sure if that's still the case.

My first set peeled after just a few months. Why go through the trouble for the same product? Last I knew it was Jet-Hot.

If I redo the ones on the truck now, I'll be going with Calico.

nothing like that in my box…………..:confused::confused:

although i have to say that they were ALOT easier to install than B body big block headers in the OLD days so i didn't scratch them up like i thought i would

If I would have known putting headers on a 10 was that easy I would have done mine years ago. My trick was to put the headers in or out while the cylinder heads were off. Lol
Them were the good old days....man I'm getting old.

If I would have known putting headers on a 10 was that easy I would have done mine years ago. My trick was to put the headers in or out while the cylinder heads were off. Lol

They are so easy, remove inner fenders and enjoy a ridiculous amount of space to work. :D

And you pay for coating THEN realize that the perfect fit headers have to be dented to clear the power steering and the collectors drag the ground if you lower the torsion bars too much, those were the days

Rattle can high temp exhaust black. Now there is a low-cost coating. Plus mine had manual steering & brakes. Don't forget the clutch pedal that took 2 legs to push

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back