Belt # with a Paxton?

fastbill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

l snapped the belt last week, and finally got to taking it off this am; it was all wrapped up around the pulley for the paxton... the ends are pretty beat up, so before l try to 'guesstimate' the belt size, does anyone know the right serpentine belt # for an 04 with a Paxton? Not sure if there are any other variables that come into play, as we should all be similarly equipped, meaning A/C and all.

Thanks all!!

Send a PM to 1qksrt Bill. He is a mechanic for dodge and installed the same paxton you have.

TREKER said:
Send a PM to 1qksrt Bill. He is a mechanic for dodge and installed the same paxton you have.[/QUOTE

Sorry,I do not have the belt number on hand at the moment,but litemup(alex) just purchased one from Paxton,Along with some pulleys.He can give you the exact number and the price:D
By the way,I gave up working as an automotive tech a short while ago.(35 years),I decided a career change was due!:D I now work for PAC(precision aircraft components),I wish I would of done this long ago,(cause I'm loving it).
If you have any questions about the Paxton,Feel free to P.M. me anytime!!:burnout:

jeez, double kudos out to Blackpearl Ron, first for the tool he's loaning me, and now coming up with the belt # for me. Thanks guys for the help!

soooooo, l get the new belt today, Gates 8PK2800. Start to put it on and...... pulleys are 7 grooves, belt is 8. anybody got a better idea for me? Hey Ron, still got that belt laying around?

fastbill said:
anybody got a better idea for me?

Can't you just use a razor blade and strip a rib off it? I did it to make a 10 rib belt a 8 rib on a mustang lol

I just ordered a new belt directly from Paxton with a replacement idler pulley came out to be 95 bucks including shipping, and I got it in a few days.

Litemup, l sent an email to Paxton and am waiting a reply. After getting some answers here, l did look at Paxton's site, pulled up the manual, and the manual clearly says that's supposed to be the right belt. l asked them if theirs is 7 or 8 rib, and that's the answer l'm waiting on before l decide what to do. My idler looks fine; what was the belt alone? Thanks, Bill

Ron,

little early in the am for you out there, no? l do in fact need a belt. Apparently, Gates doesn't offer the 8PK-2800 in 7 rib anymore, they don't have a belt the right length in 7 rib, and l'd rather not go with a cross-referenced offbrand. l can get one from Paxton direct, as mentioned above, but if you've got one laying around cheaper, consider it sold.
Give me a buzz at 516 220-8568, or shoot a pm and l'll work out $$ with you. Thanks AGAIN, Bill

and as Treker stated before, this site is the absolute shiznit!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back