BENEFITS LOWERING A QUAD CAB?????

THEWELSHM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any benefits with regards to lowering a QC??????:dontknow: :dontknow:

thewelshm

fat chicks cant jump:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Breakin your balls bro. Lowering is mainly for looks, but you reduce drag so a little better mpg.

Mostly just looks better, it may actually decrease the efficiency of the suspension a little. But it is acceptable. Stinker has a really good kit, thats what I want to get after I get some money. Right now I am riding on a McGaughey Drop Kit. It's alright. Has its ups and downs....;)

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Mostly just looks better, it may actually decrease the efficiency of the suspension a little. But it is acceptable. Stinker has a really good kit, thats what I want to get after I get some money. Right now I am riding on a McGaughey Drop Kit. It's alright. Has its ups and downs....;)

I used to road race on pace notes on tarmac in the 80's the benefit of lowering was simply that, lowering the center of gravity of the vehicle to take corners better! I live in FL now with long straight roads so I agree with the general consensus its a look thing!!

THX

thewelshm

When you're lowering a vehicle down as big as the Quad Cab the center of gravity effect won't be as noticble as a short wheel base like a Regular cab. Mainly all for looks. I was considering lowering mine but the roads out here are a pain in the butt so I decided against it.

It looks better....................understatment .........IT LOOKS LIKE SEX IS HAPPENING ON 4 WHEELS...............when I put the Mcghauphy kit on my truck I almost cried..........It rode better!........ until I hit a bump in the back and the axle hit the little hard bump stop and I chipped the rim of my butthole..... Then going down the highway at 70 hit small bumps in the road and the front tire digging into the upper portion of the inner fender well.................

Make me sad my DJM rear flip kit came in the day before I went to Singapore. But I opened it up and if this ADJUSTABLE flip kit is worth 165 shipped. Then the McGaphiesy kit should be sold for .165 cents...... It is beautiful and I can't wait to install it. By the time I get back I will have the tubular drop lower control arms and end link kit.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than looks, that's all I could think of. Be careful as well, by lowering the vehicle you effectively change the engineering that went into the supsension design. You may like the result of lowering or you may not. Going into the project I would have an expectation realizing ride and handling will be effected and additonal changes may be needed to effect an acceptable result that you can live with. Trust me, I lifted my Chevy and have since modified and replaced springs and shocks (several times) to attain the ride and handling quality I was looking for -- this equated to more $$$$. Also, lowering a QC may invoke driveline vibration, mostly from changing driveshaft and U-joint operating angles. Do a search on this subject, I recall Posting a link or a document that may help resolve driveline vibrations. Good luck with the project.

I used Stinkers drop kit, and love it! It rides jsut as good as stock, unless you hit some big holes, then it's stiffer.

The two main benefits I have seen (other than looks of course) are:

1. Easier to get in and out-no climbing up and into the truck.
2. Much easier to wash and dry the tonneau cover, but I'm not exactly 6'5" either.;)

The downside? You have to be a little more cautious when it come to parking near curbs.:)

Talk to amtrucker22 (Paul). He has Stinker's QC kit. It looks amazing and he has plenty of good comments about. I think anytime you can close the gap between the tire and fender is a good thing.

i lowered mine with Eibach suspention kit, that was nice, never an issue and drove fine, Eibachs come with the complete leaf springs replacements not a flip kit or shackles or wherever!!! :rock: :rock:

bigike said:
It looks better....................understatment .........IT LOOKS LIKE SEX IS HAPPENING ON 4 WHEELS...............when I put the Mcghauphy kit on my truck I almost cried..........It rode better!........ until I hit a bump in the back and the axle hit the little hard bump stop and I chipped the rim of my butthole..... Then going down the highway at 70 hit small bumps in the road and the front tire digging into the upper portion of the inner fender well.................

Make me sad my DJM rear flip kit came in the day before I went to Singapore. But I opened it up and if this ADJUSTABLE flip kit is worth 165 shipped. Then the McGaphiesy kit should be sold for .165 cents...... It is beautiful and I can't wait to install it. By the time I get back I will have the tubular drop lower control arms and end link kit.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

thewelshm

EMT/SRT said:
Talk to amtrucker22 (Paul). He has Stinker's QC kit. It looks amazing and he has plenty of good comments about. I think anytime you can close the gap between the tire and fender is a good thing.

will do thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111:rock: :rock:

thewelshm

waterdog said:
i lowered mine with Eibach suspention kit, that was nice, never an issue and drove fine, Eibachs come with the complete leaf springs replacements not a flip kit or shackles or wherever!!! :rock: :rock:

2,900 DOALLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Stinker's drop kit is the way to go. There is no driveline vibrations, looks awsome, and it is easier to get in and out off. The install was easy also.
069.jpg
[/IMG]

I dumped mine 2/4 with the McGaughys kit. I had to put helper air bags on it but it cornerd like a Corvette when I was done. Lot's of fun to drive and sick as hell!!!:D
MyTruck2.jpg
Truck_Smokin.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back