Best 1/4 Mile Time

IH8CHVYS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just had a GTG this weekend at Silver Dollar Dragway and i've got my new best times so far:

60'................1.67
1/8................7.571 @ 92.62
1/4................12.030 @ 107.74

I was pretty happy with eveything but when i hit 4th gear it's like the truck just fell on it's face, no power what so ever.
I know i've got a 11 sec run in her just have to make a few changes:rock: :rock: :rock:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

That truck looked bad a$$ going down the track to Ernie (Almost as good as the shopping car hitting the curb)

....by looking at your time slip I think you losing Nx in 4th gear. Your trap at the 1/8 mile is 7 mph faster(85.76), yet we're running the same mph @ the 1/4(107.08).

...this caught my attention because with my hemi I had this problem, great times but no trap speed to back it up.

Great pass though, and nice 60'. You should have been in the 11's easy...

BigRed460 said:
....by looking at your time slip I think you losing Nx in 4th gear. Your trap at the 1/8 mile is 7 mph faster(85.76), yet we're running the same mph @ the 1/4(107.08).

...this caught my attention because with my hemi I had this problem, great times but no trap speed to back it up.

Great pass though, and nice 60'. You should have been in the 11's easy...

I wondered about that, but Fatjack was running similar MPH's and we are both pretty simular on our set-ups:dontknow:

Way to drive that thing!

1.6 60 thats awesome.............. you ought to see if Tony would let you drive his beast! :)

Zak we need to get a track day, maybe one of those midnight races at Lonestar!!??

Ernie has the 1/8 mile time to be in the 11's. Just need to figure out why he's running out of steam. A little dyno time with a data log and you'll have it.

Congrats on the 60'!!

DevilDawg3097 said:
what tires you running in the rear?
Was running a Mickey Tompson ETdrag slick 29.5 x 13 x 15
The tire seems to be a bit small, should be running a 31 or 33"

IH8CHVYS said:
We just had a GTG this weekend at Silver Dollar Dragway and i've got my new best times so far:

60'................1.67

I was pretty happy with eveything but when i hit 4th gear it's like the truck just fell on it's face, no power what so ever.
I know i've got a 11 sec run in her just have to make a few changes:rock: :rock: :rock:
Damn nice run!!

bigike said:
Way to drive that thing!

1.6 60 thats awesome.............. you ought to see if Tony would let you drive his beast! :)

Zak we need to get a track day, maybe one of those midnight races at Lonestar!!??

How about HRP in Baytown this weekend i haven't heard any thing good about track prep at lone star. Just a thought:)

bigike said:
Way to drive that thing!

Anytime... times out there run a tenth or two slow than hrp... but I WILL NOT GOTO HRP!

Had about a 5 hour drive back from there saturday night/ sunday morning. I melted two plug wires, and a buddy of mine lost the fuel pump in his srt-4. No tow truck would come get either of us, so I towed him back to houston on 8/9 cylinders.

IH8CHVYS said:

60'................1.67

nice !! :rock:

Back