best drying towel?

Westxsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what's the best Chamois or drying towel out there...I have been using old bath towels but there has to be something better that won't scratch or leave swril marks.

Westxsrt10 said:
Just wondering what's the best Chamois or drying towel out there...I have been using old bath towels but there has to be something better that won't scratch or leave swril marks.

Griot's sythetic chamois works pretty well! i use it and haven't noticed any
new swirl marks.. :D :D :rock: :rock:

Sharpi

I've used the Mr Clean system on other vehicles, no drying needed...it does it by itself and really works!! May try it on the SRT but since its Zaino'd I'm not sure if it will ruin it. Heck, it needs another coat anyway. Bottom line, the Mr Clean system really does work.

Otherwise, I'll grab my leaf blower for a once over (on the truck) then take a 100% white cotton towel for a light drying.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I've used the Mr Clean system on other vehicles, no drying needed...it does it by itself and really works!! May try it on the SRT but since its Zaino'd I'm not sure if it will ruin it. Heck, it needs another coat anyway. Bottom line, the Mr Clean system really does work.

Otherwise, I'll grab my leaf blower for a once over (on the truck) then take a 100% white cotton towel for a light drying.

speaking of Mr.Clean i have it and i'll sell it to anyone who want's to buy it..
i broke the wire brush so it's missing the wire brush but the actual gun is
still working.. you need a new filter.. but everything else works... only used
it once.. BO :D

Sharpi

I use Absorber's for washing and Microfiber towells for polishing and waxing.

Bruce

MUTT said:
nuff said

This be what I use also, they do loose there adsorbency after about 20 uses so i take the old one and use it for the wheels and get a new one for her Bod!!:rock: :rock:

Marc T said:
This be what I use also, they do loose there adsorbency after about 20 uses so i take the old one and use it for the wheels and get a new one for her Bod!!:rock: :rock:
your lost the absorbancy? how do you store it? i store mine damp, rolled, and in the same container i bought it in, 2+ years old, no problems.

MUTT said:
your lost the absorbency? how do you store it? i store mine damp, rolled, and in the same container i bought it in, 2+ years old, no problems.

Same here. No absorbency problems here either. I use a "Wax as you dry" type spray too. It always sucks up the water.

Hey Silverback, How absorbent is the microfiber? I tried that and just ended up pushing water around.

ive' tried them all and i still go back to a well used (seem to soak up more) cotton bath towel.

I have tried everything over the years, cotton towels, chamois, and microfiber. The Absorber is by far the best I have used. Unless something better comes along, that is what I will be using for quite some time. I roll it up damp and put it back in the container it came in when not in use.

-Muzzy

I agree and if you store it damp in its original packaging it holds up well over time...
Muzzy said:
I have tried everything over the years, cotton towels, chamois, and microfiber. The Absorber is by far the best I have used. Unless something better comes along, that is what I will be using for quite some time. I roll it up damp and put it back in the container it came in when not in use.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back