Best traction/ handling setup with out breaking the bank ?

sparticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering what your opinions are handling suspension upgrades and or experiences with what you've had. i was thinking Qa1s and Caltracs... swaybars???? what should i buy and in what order? i dont want to drop the truck though, at least for now i love the stock height.

Wondering what your opinions are handling suspension upgrades and or experiences with what you've had. i was thinking Qa1s and Caltracs... swaybars???? what should i buy and in what order? i dont want to drop the truck though, at least for now i love the stock height.

I offer a set if Traction Bars that are hands down better than what's available. They are engineered to transfer the front end weight to the rear, in turn planting tires into pavement ;-)
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f82/traction-transfer-bars-review-testimonials-56985/

For my QC I put RC springs up front brought me down an inch and half and did 2" lowering shackles for rear and it gave me a nice little drop without getting to involved. Ur def going to want to do some kind of traction bars. My caltracs made a big difference and V1R traction bars got good reviews also.

Check with Justin at JMB, he has a few different shock setups using QA1's, then call Scott(V1R) for traction bars, Caltracs are cheaper but don't work as well.

Couple questions, what do these cost, and do they do much for a daily driver who just drives a little spirited every now then? or are these really geared more towards a guy that goes to the track pretty often. Im really looking for a little better handling around turns. Will these help with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowering with a shock upgrade sounds like what you are looking for, shocks are limited, OE Bilstein, QA1's and JTSVP...........

Couple questions, what do these cost, and do they do much for a daily driver who just drives a little spirited every now then? or are these really geared more towards a guy that goes to the track pretty often. Im really looking for a little better handling around turns. Will these help with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't tested these in twisties yet but are more designed for straight line weight transfer and axle control. Like Hawk said, QA1s, stiffer springs, and heavier sway bars are sounding like your desired setup ;)

Haven't tested these in twisties yet but are more designed for straight line weight transfer and axle control. Like Hawk said, QA1s, stiffer springs, and heavier sway bars are sounding like your desired setup ;)

If these actually push weight to the rear end I don't see how they could hurt in the turns, it would help the heavy front end compared to the light rear push closer to 50-50 weight distribution.
I'm interested in more information from V1R about the "weight transfer" aspect of these bars.
I’m also waiting on MYSRT10 for a follow up on his review after more time on the street with it. I’ve PM’d him, if anyone has his contact info hit him up for us.

Do the QA1's out-corner/handle better than the Bilstein's????

If these actually push weight to the rear end I don't see how they could hurt in the turns, it would help the heavy front end compared to the light rear push closer to 50-50 weight distribution.
I'm interested in more information from V1R about the "weight transfer" aspect of these bars.
I’m also waiting on MYSRT10 for a follow up on his review after more time on the street with it. I’ve PM’d him, if anyone has his contact info hit him up for us.

There are a dozen sets out there sir. I agree with coming out of the turns, I know they'll help, coming into the turns I'm not sure if there's any reduction/increase in stability. My sway bar has been gone for years or I'd do some testing for autocross guys! May do that in the future but if you watch the vids, see my 60ft times, all in a Quad Cab, you can imagine the results are exponentially greater in a RC. ;)
On the street it has helped greatly on street tires! Will you dead hook like the Charger in the sand on F&F?? Hell no, but you'll no longer spin through gears and a launch from a 20-30-40 roll does hook hard!
Now, throw 10" rears and drag radials on and it'll pull G's from a dig especially on the track but the street as well. It's a leverage theory;)

There are a dozen sets out there sir. I agree with coming out of the turns, I know they'll help, coming into the turns I'm not sure if there's any reduction/increase in stability. My sway bar has been gone for years or I'd do some testing for autocross guys! May do that in the future but if you watch the vids, see my 60ft times, all in a Quad Cab, you can imagine the results are exponentially greater in a RC. ;)
On the street it has helped greatly on street tires! Will you dead hook like the Charger in the sand on F&F?? Hell no, but you'll no longer spin through gears and a launch from a 20-30-40 roll does hook hard!
Now, throw 10" rears and drag radials on and it'll pull G's from a dig especially on the track but the street as well. It's a leverage theory;)

Yes they can! QA1s are able to be valved from very soft, to very hard whereas most shocks you're stuck with one or the other. This lets you tailor your firmess to accurately stabilize handling characteristics. :burnout:

Do you have any drawings or calculations based on the leverage theory. I'm not looking for placement or anything just how much force is added to the rear wheels. I think you really might have something here and could maybe market it better with some data. I know as an engineer I like the details. Is it a 10% weight transfer or 30%?

Anyone have data on the weight per corner of a RC?

Do you have any drawings or calculations based on the leverage theory. I'm not looking for placement or anything just how much force is added to the rear wheels. I think you really might have something here and could maybe market it better with some data. I know as an engineer I like the details. Is it a 10% weight transfer or 30%?

Anyone have data on the weight per corner of a RC?

I've been leary of too much info released as it seems to be copied rather fast ;)
Your exactly right though, weight balance all 4 wheels as well as front to rear. Front to rear can be done at weight station, 4 corners by a good chassis shop. It's mostly based on these numbers and CG. Research was done on my QC, on the street and the track. Prototype systems were tried, failed, redesigned,improved and released after thorough testing.
Basically using wasted momentum and inertia from the rear end to control rear end from wheelhop, front to rear ( linear )movement, spring wrap, and exert leverage to transfer front end weight to the rear.
Like ladder bars of the old days. Not new technology by any means, rather new to the Dodge Ram, particularly our Viper Trucks as most Hemis don't have the need. :rock:

I understand the threat of someone pilfering your data, we don't share our trasmission data with the Chinese, we took Aisin to court for copying our gears etc.
anything you can provide data wise?

I understand the threat of someone pilfering your data, we don't share our trasmission data with the Chinese, we took Aisin to court for copying our gears etc.
anything you can provide data wise?

I would suggest pm VR1 as you cod talk more in detail through that

Yea Scott and I have been talking about stuff. I was hoping he could share a vector diagram even if it didnt have numbers and just show the change in force. That info would help everyone interested in his bars.

Not mine or Scotts picture, just an image I found while searching on google

Attachments

• wjxe8z.jpg
    wjxe8z.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Yea Scott and I have been talking about stuff. I was hoping he could share a vector diagram even if it didnt have numbers and just show the change in force. That info would help everyone interested in his bars.

Nah, the numbers I share are track numbers. All drawings, numbers, and measurements will remain in our hands. Like I've said, much safer that way. Now if Joe Blown decides to purchase a set to duplicate like past experiences, it is what it is I've learned :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back