best way to install a raptor shift light

silversnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the best easiest way to install a raptor shift light detailed instructions are preferred thanks in advance!

The hardest part is finding a tach lead. There is ONE single wire coming off of the back coil pack that is brown, and I think its in the middle. Its tough to splice without removing the intake manifold. Anyone else know of any other tach leads? I spent about 3 hours on the phone with MSD looking for a tach lead, they were next to no help. I ended up finding it myself

I just read these instructions, and OK there are a few tach signals that will work on a shift light. I was installing an MSD RPM Window switch for mt 2nd fuel pump activation, and none of those would give off a readable signal at all for the window switch to work. Isnt that freaking weird.

FerrariTruck said:
i did mine about 2" from the pcm connector, no need to diggin under the intake.

I did too,. . . . . Oh crap, now wait that freaking reminds me the 06 models are different. Thats why I was on the phone with them so long. They finally determined it could not be hooked up and told me to retuirn the part. I just started digging and finally found a usuable signal off the rear coil. Seriously, you do have to go under the manifold on an 06 if your gonna hook up a window switch. my experience anyway

robwclark said:
I did too,. . . . . Oh crap, now wait that freaking reminds me the 06 models are different. Thats why I was on the phone with them so long. They finally determined it could not be hooked up and told me to retuirn the part. I just started digging and finally found a usuable signal off the rear coil. Seriously, you do have to go under the manifold on an 06 if your gonna hook up a window switch. my experience anyway

reALLY why? Just unwrap the harness and tap into the appropiate coil wire.. located at pcm.. LOL 06 aint that different, seriously

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back