Big flood in Iowa and the midwest!! pics please

devildog02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Cedar Rapids, Ia. We are getting hit hard by what they're calling a 500 year flood! I don't have a dig. camera! We are currently at 22.38" As of 8:40pm on the cedar river, just to put this in perspective, flood stage is 12' and past record flooding is tied for 20' "even" in 1929,and 1851! The crest will not come till friday or later at 24.7"! or higher!! I am safe but this unreal!! If you get bored check out www.kcrg.com The worst part is we getting more rain now. Whole towns have been evactuated!! Whole towns!!!!! They even have a curfew! This is crazy!
bill

you need to get some 55 gallon drums and weild them to your truck so you can float down river in style:D

If you need a place to hide, you are welcome at our house (on a tall hill). Come on over and we will share a beer or two and talk about Wind Power!

Roy

Keep safe brother and keep an eye and ear out for anyone who may not be so lucky. :)

Hey Muzzy, If there is anything we can do, let us know. Keep your feet dry and tell Tiffany hello for me. Apparently we wont be meeting in Evansville anymore?

This has turned out to be BAD!!! We have now crested ay 31.? that is 19' over flood stage! all the roads are closed and they are using boats to get around town. I wish I could give you some pics! I sand bagged yesterday in my home town of anamosa, but it did not work! Anamosa is not nothing like Cedar Rapids!! It will take years to rebuild!! if I had to guess the number of houses lost will be around 1000 in Cedar Rapids alone, maybe more. If there is any good news, so far there has been no lose of life!:rock:
It just does not look real! I cant explaine it. The water is everywhere! this our local news statoion http://www.kcrg.com/ station they have some pictures. http://www.kcrg.com/

Muzzy, we are thinking about you guys and praying for you.
I hope J&P Cycle is on high Ground!!

FATJACK said:
Muzzy, we are thinking about you guys and praying for you.
I hope J&P Cycle is on high Ground!!
This is devildog02 -Bill- Muzzy is in Swisher, I will call him tomorrow to make sure he and Tiff are ok. They just closed I380 which links Cedar Rapids with Iowa City. they closed it at the Swisher exit, so they will be able to go north but not south.
As for J&P they are on very high ground, I just dont think they will host the hill climb this weekend.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back