Bigger sway bars?

I tried to get some bigger sway bars from Hotchkiss way back in '04..... They inspected my truck but told me that they wouldn't be doing any suspension parts...not even a fatter sway bar at that time....

Then I called them a few months ago to follow up.... Still nothing for our trucks...

Haven't followed up since about mid summer....

SD

I researched this about a year ago also. No luck.

With such a limited run of trucks I think we are screwed unless Boomer comes up with something. Big companies will not invest in the R&D when they will sell a few hundred at most.:(

Silverback said:
I researched this about a year ago also. No luck.

With such a limited run of trucks I think we are screwed unless Boomer comes up with something. Big companies will not invest in the R&D when they will sell a few hundred at most.:(

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...!!!!

Bo-o-o-o-o-o-o--o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-mer........!!??????

Where'd I put that fkn fone number............:dontknow:

SD

bar upgrades

I will contact the 2 mnfr I found who carry Ram upgrade bars tomorrow, for our application. Would love the Hotchkis hollow bars for weight savings!

Did anyone find out anything on this? The Quad Cab could sure use some more lateral stiffness.

CarDude said:
Would Cal Tracs help with lateral stiffness?
Watts linkage will help. It will keep the truck flat. Look up an old Mazda RX-7 with a non-independant rearend. They all used watts linkage to make them corner flat and they did. Old trick from the early nascar days. It works period.
Check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_linkage

Last edited:
includemeout said:
Watts linkage will help. It will keep the truck flat. Look up an old Mazda RX-7 with a non-independant rearend. They all used watts linkage to make them corner flat and they did. Old trick from the early nascar days. It works period.
Check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_linkage

Not a bad idea for an old fart.;) :p :D

While we're on the subject: What would it cost to completely redesign the chassis.....? Tube frame, fully independent suspension....the works... You know..... Make it right...... so it handles like a 5000lb sports car....

20k........?

SD

Silverback said:
Not a bad idea for an old fart.;) :p :D
Old fart idea: one more for the record. I was building these when I was 15 years old and they still work

Last edited:
Silent D said:
While we're on the subject: What would it cost to completely redesign the chassis.....? Tube frame, fully independent suspension....the works... You know..... Make it right...... so it handles like a 5000lb sports car....

20k........?

SD
Oh yes. That's what I want. Get rid of the frame flex, bump steer and uncontrollable suspension dampening. My 2k Honda s2000 and 93 RX-7 had the handling. I would be happy with half of it.

walenator said:
Oh yes. That's what I want. Get rid of the frame flex, bump steer and uncontrollable suspension dampening. My 2k Honda s2000 and 93 RX-7 had the handling. I would be happy with half of it.

:2in1: ...............................................................................:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back