Black belt

MUTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after 6 years of schooling, my youngest son (12 yrs old) tried on Saturday for his black belt. They started with a 2 mile run, then had them do 750 jumping jacks followed by 250 push ups, before they were able to show their forms and spar. After many hours, my son has finally earned his black belt. It is a junior black belt due to his age (have to be 16), but a black belt none the less.:rock: :rock:

Tell your son congrats!! That is a hard earned honor....I remember going to my son's JR black belt graduation........he is now 17 working on his 3rd degree black belt...cant get it till he is 21..

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Congrats, to your son, Mutt. That takes a hupe amount of dedication at any age.

Curious, does he have to retest when he turns 16 to get his adult black belt?

Wil

That's awesome!! Now he can officially kick his old man's ass!!:rock::D:D:D

Manic said:
Congrats, to your son, Mutt. That takes a hupe amount of dedication at any age.

Curious, does he have to retest when he turns 16 to get his adult black belt?

Wil
yes he retests in a year for his second degree and then again at 16 for his 3rd degree. each of these are junior black belts. then he has to wait from 16 until he is 27 (for what i dont know):dontknow: to receive his full black belt, but i believe that each of the degrees follow at this time:dontknow: there is a schedule that he has to follow, but i believe each instructor is different. i try to keep up with each of the tests/tournaments, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to them

Mutt..is this Karate or one of the other asian arts?......My son is in Karate under the USA Karate group...they actually have the main offices in Japan where all his certificates come from.....he had a JR belt from age 14 till 16 when he retested for the adult.....he was supposed to be 18 for the 2nd degree but the instructor got a waiver because he did so well on his test...but the 3rd degree he has to be 21..

I once dated a girl that was a 3rd degree black belt in TaeKwanDo.

It was interesting the first time I made her mad. To say the least.

MUTT said:
Well after 6 years of schooling, my youngest son (12 yrs old) tried on Saturday for his black belt. They started with a 2 mile run, then had them do 750 jumping jacks followed by 250 push ups, before they were able to show their forms and spar. After many hours, my son has finally earned his black belt. It is a junior black belt due to his age (have to be 16), but a black belt none the less.:rock: :rock:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

damn, that's pretty high speed:rock: Congrats to your boy... and to you as well. I'm sure you're proud

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back