BLACK TRUCK THREAD ONLY!!!!!!!

Iceman...I'm bettin' you bought that truck in Blountville. I was at the Mexican restaurant across the street from the car lot it was at, and went by to look at it. I've got an '05 RC that is black. There are several other guys in the area with trucks like ours. I need to post pics of all of my black toys on this thread.

no i got it in bristol, but i heard they got it from "Texas" but somene i know told me the same thing about blountville. so i'm not sure. but i do know where it is now.

I guess where it is now is all that matters. Enjoy the truck...I love the hell out of mine. We should have a gtg sometime soon. I work with two guys that have 'em...one has an '05 black QC, and the other has an '04 red RC. From what I hear about TNVIPER's truck, I would stay out of Kingsport, until I did some pretty big performance mods...I know I'm going to.

TNVIPER and myself are planning on a GTG at Street Fights on the Th. you and your Friends should defiantly show up.

Carlwalski said:
Lowered
Lowered.jpg
LOOKS GREAT:rock:

Carlwalski said:

Little too low for my taste.

Iceman said:
LOOKS GREAT:rock:

Little too low for my taste.
LOL Yup, way to low for me too, couldn't drive it but it looks pretty cool as a museum/modern piece.

Give me the lowered/first photo one, any day. ;)

:rock:

Big Worm said:
carl man do you have the Billy's on yet, I have got to hear that sound
Yup Big Worm, they've been on for ages now. Can't start the truck though, the dash is out and there is wiring for Africa lol. As soon as I can I'll get a video from behind the truck of the exhaust. From what I have heard it's exactly like the one in the Billy Boat video on their site, just perhaps a little deeper? Definitely quieter than I thought for a catless system, that is a huge bonus for me. You can hear it, don't get me wrong, it's just a nice loud at idle and mid range. Step on it and all hell breaks loose lol, that's how I like my exhaust to be, only loud at WOT.

gtg at bristol today thursday or aug 30th? if today, you guys suck cause i'm stuck at work until the wee hours of the morn. jk have a blast at the valley. give em hell if you can run for all the damn 5.0 mustangs and ricers.

jtsdad13 said:
gtg at bristol today thursday or aug 30th? if today, you guys suck cause i'm stuck at work until the wee hours of the morn. jk have a blast at the valley. give em hell if you can run for all the damn 5.0 mustangs and ricers.
hey i take offence to that ricer statement:mad: i'm a ricer at heart. *building a 600+ whp civic right now:burnout: *

no offense intended. just not my cup of tea. an old roomate of mine had a 550hp turbo integra that would eat my old 406 roller motor 68 camaro. when done right they are amazing to watch. high horse 4 cylinders are cool. i was refering to all the stock motored cars with fart can exhausts running 16-18 sec 1/4 mile times. you guys headed to the track tonight? looks like rain.

no i'm not going tonight, i'm sitting here in Abingdon watching tv/ reading this forum.

sorry bout hoing this thread, but trav one of our frequent fliers is in the waiting room as i type this. you saw her 2-3 days ago for dental pain
guess you didnt make your point

Last edited:
Been trying to get my truck back in shape...its been engine-less for three months...but back together now...

Took a few pics today...but it has only been polished not waxed...waiting on the new Zaino shipment.

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Its so nice to be rolling again...

Special thanks to:

Wifey for getting the PermaStar Wheels for me.
Kevan for his temperature research on the JetHot process.
My new found builder for getting her done in 6 weeks just the way he said!
Autowerks (Zen Garage) for hiring a Viper Tech to get the final touches done.

The full truck now...if you care to read:

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005â€￾ oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Crankshaft: Crankshaft is Nitrided , ground and polished to size for proper clearance. Entire rotating assembly is balanced.

Pistons: Custom Diamond Forged Pistons-dished, for better combustion. Gold ceramic coating (gold) on decks of pistons with Moly coating (dark gray) on piston skirts. Floating piston pin for strength and light weight, rings have been file fit for proper ring gaps in bores.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250â€￾ for better internal geometry.

Heads: New stainless exhaust valves, intake valves cleaned, ground and back cut for improved flow. New Beehive springs, titanium retainers, new keepers and seals. Competition valve job, ports cleaned and touched up, heads milled on deck and intake faces for cleanup.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and rod bearings have Teflon Coating for durability.

Pushrods: Chrome Moly pushrods used for strength.

Engine was assembled on a flat surface instead of a rollover stand so that stresses would not be induced into the engine build. Camshaft Centerline was set at 121 degrees after TDC. Engine has Cometic Head Gaskets and ARP Head Studs. New Needle Bearing and Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the oil pump.

Drive Train Modifications:

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

DTS “Stinkerâ€￾ rear-end with Strang 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.
Exhaust Modifications:

Full Cat delete; MOPAR long tube headers (Jet Hot Coated), and Magnaflow muffler.

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
VEC III Piggyback to PCM tuning module covered by Eddie’s clear box
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
JMB Catch Can (Candy Red)
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Roe Racing Twin Screw Top Mount Supercharger at 5.6 lbs boost
48 lb. per hour injectors
Roe Racing Water/methanol injection

Appearance Modifications:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Stock rims with PermaStar chrome finish by Goodrich
Shorty 9 inch antenna and Fang shift knob by Avondale
JMB Hard Radiator tubes (Candy Red)
Red and Silver Pinstripe
Fang Badges front and rear
Etched Glass “Fang Superchargedâ€￾ center sliding widow by Hot Rod Mike

viper_truck_024.jpg

Thetruck010.jpg

viper_truck_001.jpg

viper_truck_018.jpg

viper_truck_019.jpg

Mycars004.jpg

Just in case people forget
Thetruck007.jpg

Priced at $260.00 for center caps any color, they do take some time to make and yes they are hand made and he can do siver or chrome back ground
Thetruck009.jpg

Man that is like looking at a Big Brother truck , Check out my Center Caps if you want to get a set let me know. Can you add a picture of your JMB HARD RADIATOR PIPE I JUST WANT TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

I just spent 4 hours on clay bar and wax on my truck.. Ill get some pics in the sun tomorrow!

Prof said:
Been trying to get my truck back in shape...its been engine-less for three months...but back together now...

Took a few pics today...but it has only been polished not waxed...waiting on the new Zaino shipment.

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Its so nice to be rolling again...

Special thanks to:

Wifey for getting the PermaStar Wheels for me.
Kevan for his temperature research on the JetHot process.
My new found builder for getting her done in 6 weeks just the way he said!
Autowerks (Zen Garage) for hiring a Viper Tech to get the final touches done.

The full truck now...if you care to read:

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005â€￾ oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Crankshaft: Crankshaft is Nitrided , ground and polished to size for proper clearance. Entire rotating assembly is balanced.

Pistons: Custom Diamond Forged Pistons-dished, for better combustion. Gold ceramic coating (gold) on decks of pistons with Moly coating (dark gray) on piston skirts. Floating piston pin for strength and light weight, rings have been file fit for proper ring gaps in bores.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250â€￾ for better internal geometry.

Heads: New stainless exhaust valves, intake valves cleaned, ground and back cut for improved flow. New Beehive springs, titanium retainers, new keepers and seals. Competition valve job, ports cleaned and touched up, heads milled on deck and intake faces for cleanup.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and rod bearings have Teflon Coating for durability.

Pushrods: Chrome Moly pushrods used for strength.

Engine was assembled on a flat surface instead of a rollover stand so that stresses would not be induced into the engine build. Camshaft Centerline was set at 121 degrees after TDC. Engine has Cometic Head Gaskets and ARP Head Studs. New Needle Bearing and Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the oil pump.

Drive Train Modifications:

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

DTS “Stinkerâ€￾ rear-end with Strang 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.
Exhaust Modifications:

Full Cat delete; MOPAR long tube headers (Jet Hot Coated), and Magnaflow muffler.

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
VEC III Piggyback to PCM tuning module covered by Eddie’s clear box
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
JMB Catch Can (Candy Red)
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Roe Racing Twin Screw Top Mount Supercharger at 5.6 lbs boost
48 lb. per hour injectors
Roe Racing Water/methanol injection

Appearance Modifications:

Lowered by X-Metal