Black wheels

mgwarrior350

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for black srt wheels with tires preferably. I have a chrome set now if anyone is interested in a trade.

I am going to do that if no one has any...just figured before I ruin the chrome id ask. Any recommendations on painting over powder coating. I know paint chip easier but its also a hell of a lot a cheaper to do. Does any one have a write up on the proper way to paint chrome wheels?

im not looking for chrome I wanted to do my wheels matte black. I do drive it during the winter so i figured instead of spending a lot of money on coating them I would just paint them and if the chip or something I could just redo them.

I get a few chips here and there. but its nothing a little touch up paint can do.

sand them lightly with 1000 grit sand paper clean the wheels real good. then do a couple coats of paint depending on how shiny you like your rims,then clear coat. and they should look like this if not better:dontknow:
downsized_0716001535a.jpg

you dont need to strip them more then that? I figured you would have to really sand them well

mgwarrior350 said:
you dont need to strip them more then that? I figured you would have to really sand them well

Nope 1000 grit sand paper dose the trick.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back