Blown motor

Dodge2avoid

Reaction score
Well, I managed to blow a hole in the passenger side of my block on new years eve. 04 RC, 42K miles. Whipple SC, headers and SCT tune. No acceleration, letting clutch out at stop light.....boom. (14 year certified Viper tech) at dealer looked at it and said hes never seen that before. And couldnt tell what caused it.
So now.... looking for options. I can buy a new long block from Dodge for $14640 (yikes)
There is one on ebay RAM SRT10 8 3L Viper Engine | eBay $6000. (Anyone know the story on this one?)

All other options or advice welcome!

Jonathon Dill

Yea I'm selling that motor, came out a 04 RC I parted out for the engine and tranny to use in a 70s mopar project. Was running and driving have video. Sold roller to Stanimal. Need to sell engine now to fund my winter build

Well, I managed to blow a hole in the passenger side of my block on new years eve. 04 RC, 42K miles. Whipple SC, headers and SCT tune. No acceleration, letting clutch out at stop light.....boom. (14 year certified Viper tech) at dealer looked at it and said hes never seen that before. And couldnt tell what caused it.
So now.... looking for options. I can buy a new long block from Dodge for $14640 (yikes)
There is one on ebay RAM SRT10 8 3L Viper Engine | eBay $6000. (Anyone know the story on this one?)

Jonathon Dill

Was your motor forged or stock? SCT tune, who was it tuned by? Pics? How much boost where you pushing?

I bought truck on Ebay out of Baton Rouge, LA. About 4 months ago. Was sold as Stock internals motor, SCT tune by Venom performance I believe it was. It had a digital boost guage, but was querky. I never could get a good reading on it. So...hind sight, I should have taken it somewhere to have that fixed and probably make sure the tune was good..... But It ran great. I put about 2000 miles on it. So nothing much yet. Very aggrivating....but what do you do?

I bought truck on Ebay out of Baton Rouge, LA. About 4 months ago. Was sold as Stock internals motor, SCT tune by Venom performance I believe it was. It had a digital boost guage, but was querky. I never could get a good reading on it. So...hind sight, I should have taken it somewhere to have that fixed and probably make sure the tune was good..... But It ran great. I put about 2000 miles on it. So nothing much yet. Very aggrivating....but what do you do?

Was it a silver truck with a venom hood? If I was, I was thinking about buying it.

Picture

See if this picture works

Attachments

• 20140102_152830.jpg
    20140102_152830.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 275
Yes, This truck.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 160
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 157
See if this picture works

b70bc3dd92059ca30707d8cc05645b08.jpg

Jonathon Dill

yessir unfortunately know that truck well, if you need any background I can give you a little on it ,wont put the info on the internet, but also if you need it built so forth the best way is to buy a used engine , Lightning raper has one I think?, or if you want to build the bottom end, we probably have 4-5 04 blocks laying around for customer builds, just give us a shout

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY A NEW STOCK LONG BLOCK!!!! Buy a used motor have it retuned make sure all is safe. Start saving some money (8000-12000) to build motor.

Lightningraper has a good stock motor for sale plus you could sell tranny yo make up some money.

I can vouch for the miles on the engine LightningRaper has, if you would like. Best bet is buy a used engine and get it re-tuned. Then save money and build the engine to hold more powaaaa lol

yessir unfortunately know that truck well, if you need any background I can give you a little on it ,wont put the info on the internet, but also if you need it built so forth the best way is to buy a used engine , Lightning raper has one I think?, or if you want to build the bottom end, we probably have 4-5 04 blocks laying around for customer builds, just give us a shout

Why wouldnt you want to put the info on here? Could help save alot of members some problems. Just a thought :)

Jonathon Dill

How much is LightningRapers Motor? And miles?

This is lightning rapers engine

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back