Blown motor

I am sorry this happened to you, as this is my worst nightmare... but your name on here is rather ironic now.

You couldn't pay me to run a Roe blower on a stock engine AGAIN! That's how mine looked almost 6 years ago:(

If your going to keep the blower I'd suggest a forged engine and a GOOD tuner.;)

That looks familiar. OUCH. So what Blower do you recommend?

You couldn't pay me to run a Roe blower on a stock engine AGAIN! That's how mine looked almost 6 years ago:(

If your going to keep the blower I'd suggest a forged engine and a GOOD tuner.;)

That looks familiar. OUCH. So what Blower do you recommend?

IMO, The Roe is a good setup but you are very limited in the amount of power you will make. This set up also creates a lot of heat. If you go with a forged engine and a proper tune the Roe will get the job done.

IMO, The Roe is a good setup but you are very limited in the amount of power you will make. This set up also creates a lot of heat. If you go with a forged engine and a proper tune the Roe will get the job done.

I think 700 rwhp with the roe is very doable on a forged motor with meth to cool it. Not too shabby

The main difference is the Roe puts out instant boost whereas the Paxton is centrifugal. The instant rise in cylinder pressure I believe is the real killer. Definitely forge your innards this go round sir. :stoned:

Sent you a PM sir

The main difference is the Roe puts out instant boost whereas the Paxton is centrifugal. The instant rise in cylinder pressure I believe is the real killer. Definitely forge your innards this go round sir. :stoned:

Jonathan, would you be willing to sell the blown block and if so would would you want for it. I need to mock up my frame for a motor and don't have the cash at the moment to buy a running motor at this time.

How did you make out? Unfortunately I'm in the same boat but my block was rebuildable minus one cylinder head. Just wrote the check for the rebuild Friday. OUCH!

He didn't. It had holes on both sides of the block and he decided to sell
The truck rather than invest more money into it. Don't know the story that Jtsvp knows but the truck seemed well maintained. Just another Roe SC = toasted block story unfortunately. :(

Can't honestly say that thought didn't cross my mind. Did a lot of research before I bought mine. Every one I read about blowing up was some type of F/I. So I thought N/A with bolt on's I'm golden. Wrong! The really scary part is some seem to blow without warning or while being beat on. Also got a few quotes on a stock piston & rod rebuilds. The price was better but I thought no way I'm paying thousands to put that junk back in!

When someone asks how much extra horsepower can you make power adders and be safe with the stock pistons? I would say zero!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back