Blown or Bottled....

Begood said:
I say it comes down to how much money you have to spend.

Bill.
+1

Also - bear in mind a SC setup should increase the value of a ride (although modestly) and a NOS setup will likely have the opposite effect as folks have a real stigma against buying previously sprayed motors.

Begood said:
I say it comes down to how much money you have to spend.

Bill.
very valid point...if i could do it over i would look at a dif platform,,,but then i would have never made all these great friends...so i guess it was worth it

I'm sticking with the bottle even after I forge the engine, much easier to tune it to fit the need, in my opinion. I'll be making it a progressive system so I can launch on 125 then spray more in 2nd and 3rd. BTW I run a 1.60 60 ft. which I believe is the best for a QC and 3rd overall.

BeGood thats why im leaning more towards the bottle...if i had the money to get one of justins turbo kits i wouldnt even have asked the question.

FatJack i think i rember reading that you have over 100+passes with a bottle and no issues on a stock bottom...what all hav you done to the top end?

...and yes im stacking the savings account jus incase she decides to shoot the pistons through the hood:argh:

REDD04 said:
BeGood thats why im leaning more towards the bottle...if i had the money to get one of justins turbo kits i wouldnt even have asked the question.

FatJack i think i rember reading that you have over 100+passes with a bottle and no issues on a stock bottom...what all hav you done to the top end?

...and yes im stacking the savings account jus incase she decides to shoot the pistons through the hood:argh:
Absolutely nothing my engine is totally stock. Never touched. 58000 miles About 1/2 pint of oil between 3500 mile changes.

thats crazy haha, still im gonna build the motor alittle bit since im gonna have some cash but its not gonna be crazy, thinkin of sticken around 150 or 200

REDD04 said:
thats crazy haha, still im gonna build the motor alittle bit since im gonna have some cash but its not gonna be crazy, thinkin of sticken around 150 or 200
You definitely need rods and pistons if you are thinking about a 200 shot.

....ummm i think my sig say's it all.....:D .....:rock: :rock: :rock: ..im happy with just a hundread shot....waiting for a cool day to try the 150 shot :D :elefant:

blown04 said:
+1

Also - bear in mind a SC setup should increase the value of a ride (although modestly) and a NOS setup will likely have the opposite effect as folks have a real stigma against buying previously sprayed motors.

Both setup is going to decrease the value of the truck. :mad:

Bottle hands down.

Look how well Tooloe's truck ran when he had it. If the clutch would of held and it could of got off the line, it would of set records IMO.

Whether you blow or bottle feed plan before you start modding..will save $$$ in the long run.....Tony can guide you..

gfon256l.jpg

I have a complete nitrous kit and a paxton supercharger kit for sale just so you know....

Its a Zex Wet Kit which is like 800 brand new,,,,
With Zex Traction Control/Window switch like 150,,,,
Zx Purge kit like 120 new,,,,
NX remote bottle opener 250,,,,
Dynotune Gauge switch 150,,,,
Autometer Ultra Light Nitrous Pressure Gauge like 200 new,,,,
Steering Colum 2 gauge pod for the switch and gauge like 50 dollars new,,,,

All this is 1720 Brand New... Looking to get about 800!!!

and paxton..

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46651

My used nitrous wet Zex kit was around $300. Came with a 10lb bottle, couple steel braided lines, heater and 2 solenoids. No need for a remote bottle opener. Then i bought a cheap switch and wired her up.

This just shows how cheap nitrous is compared to a blower.

With a 6 speed, i would use a window and WOT switch. That's what im doing with my new build.

Back