BM shifter installed

Westxsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all i have to say YES! Yes this B&M shifter is worth the money to me. I had a Gen1 X Metal shifter for a few weeks and decided it made too much noise. The B&M shifts are tighter,and more precise than stock and just what i wanted...i can down shift again. I have to say this shifter has some noise but its minimal and near none when i placed 3 layers of shrink wrap to the shifter arm. To each his own.

I also have the B&M shifter and love it, I have never missed 3rd again, it is alittle noisy.

Donzi..looks like we have the same mods....i'm going to get a Dyno tomorrow and send you the results...

Since you've had both, how does the noise compare to the X-Metal shifter.

My Gen IV is noisy and I have been trying different buffer material with no luck. It's not bad, it's just a personal challenge for me to stop it. :D

On the Gen IV it's more like a whine from the tranny than a noise. It almost reminds me of an old throw out bearing going bad, but of course it's not. The noise doesn't change when you apply pressure to the clutch pedal like it would with a bad throw out bearing.

Any comparison with the noises?:dontknow:

ViperTruck2933 said:

My Gen IV is noisy and I have been trying different buffer material with no luck. It's not bad, it's just a personal challenge for me to stop it. :D

On the Gen IV it's more like a whine from the tranny than a noise. It almost reminds me of an old throw out bearing going bad, but of course it's not. The noise doesn't change when you apply pressure to the clutch pedal like it would with a bad throw out bearing.

ttt :dontknow:

ViperTruck2933 said:

They both have resonating harmonic noise from the transmission. If I had to say 1 was 'louder', it would be the Gen4. Remember, the Gen 4 has a lot of fabricated metal parts internally with no dampening, plastic, rubber of any kind...It's main purpose was to race and be very accurate, and with that comes harmonic noise.

My 2 cents....ok, 1 more just for you :)

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
They both have resonating harmonic noise from the transmission. If I had to say 1 was 'louder', it would be the Gen4. Remember, the Gen 4 has a lot of fabricated metal parts internally with no dampening, plastic, rubber of any kind...It's main purpose was to race and be very accurate, and with that comes harmonic noise.

My 2 cents....ok, 1 more just for you :)

-Red
Thanks Red. :D

:rock:

:rock: I fine myself turning down the radio, just to here her work ;) kinda sounds like you just might have something under your butt that can get-out-of-it's-own-way! :dancing: lol
Took all damping off....X-Metal to X-Metal :D baby!

Quick

Last edited:
QuickSilver said:
:rock: I fine myself turning down the radio, just to here her work ;) kinda sounds like you just might have something under your butt that can get-out-of-it's-own-way! :dancing: lol
Took all damping off....X-Metal to X-Metal :D baby!

Quick
You're just too hardcore Man! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back