boomer/X-Metal point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has the potential to turn ugly rapidly.. All I ask is that we stay on topic. Gary and I have been in contact with each other through this and he has agreed to stick around and answer the tough questions..He will be back on tomorrow to respond as necessary, he's taking his son to speech class and will be tied up for the rest of the day. Although I myself have had good service from X Metal, my role here is to get some of this in the open for discussion and hopefully resolve some of these issues. I have received PM's from members pertaining to the staff censoring their comments if and when he responds, I assure you this will not happen. If you turn this into something that its not and you try to insight anger and discontent than yes we will step in.

Gary....if I were taller, I'd give you a reach around, but as it is, I'd just be grabbing your knee cap :) Have a great day.

Iltemprd said:
I know this has the potential to turn ugly rapidly.. All I ask is that we stay on topic. Gary and I have been in contact with each other through this and he has agreed to stick around and answer the tough questions..He will be back on tomorrow to respond as necessary, he's taking his son to speech class and will be tied up for the rest of the day. Although I myself have had good service from X Metal, my role here is to get some of this in the open for discussion and hopefully resolve some of these issues. I have received PM's from members pertaining to the staff censoring their comments if and when he responds, I assure you this will not happen. If you turn this into something that its not and you try to insight anger and discontent than yes we will step in.
BTW nice copy and Paste job Shawno...You got skillz :cool:

Thanks for the quick Shipping Gary:rock:

Joanne spilled the beans last night:p

Post up pics as soon as I get them installed.

oh and cool post:rock:

My only wish is that things could start anew around here sometimes.

There is a ton of wonderful people on this forum, which to whom I am friends with, and that sometimes makes things very difficult.

The sad thing is that if met face to face at a local hangout , not knowing who is who, it would be a totally different outcome, because all parties have thier good qualities which makes them great.

maybe down the road in some far off distant dream, things will change and for the better, we can only hope.

but it is a very nice dream..........

Thanks for voicing Boomer. Hell i talked to you yesterday and got some kickass
advice... hope i didn't catch you in a busy moment :D anyways, i know you
won't be back on today per Itmprds post but just a little FYI i sent you a PM :D :rock:

I agree with Itmprd this does have a good possibility of turning ugly.. and might
i make a suggestion? When a Mod or Admin makes a "EDIT" to another members
post.. perhaps you could type in red what he/she
did wrong and who the modifier was (aka the mod or admin who modified the text)
I know on some computer forums people get out of hand because of "Nubies"
that don't know anything about computers.. so the mods will do what i said
above.. again.. just a suggestion.. :D

I really do hope this crap get's sorted out..

Sharpi

I think Gary is awesome. I have purchased many things from X-Metal, and I have even had the same issue with the front springs that were too soft. I called Gary and we solved the problem. I try my best to stay far away from these he said she said issues, but I swear this place is catty. Gary has been top notch with me. He is one of the only people on these boards I have communicated with person to person. He is a humble car guy who loves this stuff, and that really earns my vote. I will take Gary's side everyday of the week, as he has earned my respect and friendship. I am a supporting member and I want Gary reinstated as a vendor. These people who are causing problems have contributed nothing to my truck or experience here on VTCOA. There are very few vendors who contribute to the Viper Truck....Gary is one of them.

WELL I HAD NEVER HAD A PROBLEM TRYING TO REACH GARY....

8 OUT OF THE 10 CALLS I HAD MADE TO X METAL... HIS ACTUALLY THE GUY THAT HAD ANSWERME:dontknow: :rock: :rock:

CarDude said:
I think Gary is awesome. I have purchased many things from X-Metal, and I have even had the same issue with the front springs that were too soft. I called Gary and we solved the problem. I try my best to stay far away from these he said she said issues, but I swear this place is catty. Gary has been top notch with me. He is one of the only people on these boards I have communicated with person to person. He is a humble car guy who loves this stuff, and that really earns my vote. I will take Gary's side everyday of the week, as he has earned my respect and friendship. I am a supporting member and I want Gary reinstated as a vendor. These people who are causing problems have contributed nothing to my truck or experience here on VTCOA. There are very few vendors who contribute to the Viper Truck....Gary is one of them.
i agree, i was thinking about posting a poll. gary is top notch in my book. always will be.

I have a relatively stock truck, but I have in fact dealt with Gary, on the phone personally just to handle my little old 800$ headlight order. The guy has a lot of hours invested in a great project to fill a large role in a small community... Our trucks are not a mass produced entity that draw huge aftermarket companies. Ford sells 135,000 mustangs every 10 months. Our community is tiny in comparison, and people who make quality parts for us are very few in number.

His business is a small business by nature of having a small buyer base. This is both good and bad - It's good because he gives it the individual attention it deserves. It's bad because he doesn't have warehouses filled with SRT-10 parts that he can fling to you in a matter of seconds. Small customer service issues - paint fading on a product, dislike of a design, etc... are small tiffs easily dealt with by a small business. Xmetal will never have you entering your 9 digit claim number on a touchtone phone.

I'd much rather be a person with a face to a business, which is what Gary made me when he dealt with me... rather than just an order number. As my mod process is slow but steady, I will definitely be buying from Xmetal again.

BriteCrawler said:
I have a relatively stock truck, but I have in fact dealt with Gary, on the phone personally just to handle my little old 800$ headlight order. The guy has a lot of hours invested in a great project to fill a large role in a small community... Our trucks are not a mass produced entity that draw huge aftermarket companies. Ford sells 135,000 mustangs every 10 months. Our community is tiny in comparison, and people who make quality parts for us are very few in number.

His business is a small business by nature of having a small buyer base. This is both good and bad - It's good because he gives it the individual attention it deserves. It's bad because he doesn't have warehouses filled with SRT-10 parts that he can fling to you in a matter of seconds. Small customer service issues - paint fading on a product, dislike of a design, etc... are small tiffs easily dealt with by a small business. Xmetal will never have you entering your 9 digit claim number on a touchtone phone.

I'd much rather be a person with a face to a business, which is what Gary made me when he dealt with me... rather than just an order number. As my mod process is slow but steady, I will definitely be buying from Xmetal again.
Thanks for posting up new guy :rock:

Ok where are the guys that have a problem ? This thread is just as important to those that have had a problem......Speak up and Boom will respond....Also guys when one of those guys posts....No flaming from other members !!!! Be adults please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is beyond our scope as members to try to tell someone how to run their business. However, I would think all Vendors would be interested in positive and negative feedback. It is the pulse of how their business is performing.

Any vendor that is critical of other vendors products should not have thin skin when someone is critiques one of thier products.

This forum should remain totally open and forthright. It is what brought the VTCOA into this world.

Many of my upgrades are through x-metal. Gary was very responsive. He worked me through the 02 sim wire fix on the phone. I am also experiencing some front end sag....corrected it this weekend with the donut spacers that Gary sent with the initial product and I do not scrape anymore. Never called Gary about the problem, but it seemed to me to be fixable with the total package he sent.

I encourage all vendors to continue their passion in our vehicles. The vast majority of this group will be supportive. If you have a problem, let us know there is a problem and do your best to come up with a solution and/or show process in coming to a future solution.

No one expects you to be perfect. Frankly, we all consider you one of us, and most of us screw up all the time:D

Best of luck to you Gary, and to any other vendor that reads this message.

Never done business with Gary, but it looks like he took his picture with an iSight on a Mac so he's OK in my book! :rock:

ok here we go, you have answer the question that i had...which was "why does it take so long"?

i have ordered a shifter from you and it took about 45-60 day's (not to mention that i have not installed it, which is now past 8 month's)

i also order that fuse box thing screw whatever it's called...and to this day i have not gotten it???
you have charged my card 2 month's ago but no product?

i understand that it take's time to do this, so i guess i am all cleared up now.
thanks for your help..

Whitesnake said:
ok here we go, you have answer the question that i had...which was "why does it take so long"?

i have ordered a shifter from you and it took about 45-60 day's (not to mention that i have not installed it, which is now past 8 month's)

i also order that fuse box thing screw whatever it's called...and to this day i have not gotten it???
you have charged my card 2 month's ago but no product?

i understand that it take's time to do this, so i guess i am all cleared up now.
thanks for your help..

Hey Eddie ,
Bring the shifter on July 1st i will help you install it :rock: :rock:

06__QUAD__SRT10 said:
Hey Eddie ,
Bring the shifter on July 1st i will help you install it :rock: :rock:

it's been on the truck for so long, thanks...back on track brother

TheSickness said:
Ok where are the guys that have a problem ? This thread is just as important to those that have had a problem......Speak up and Boom will respond....Also guys when one of those guys posts....No flaming from other members !!!! Be adults please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very good post Mike

but I think you want get too many answers

but also from a friend, be careful on pushing this too far, might want to just let it ride pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back