Borla Exhaust Problem

V10MOJO

Reaction score
I had a Borla exhaust installed by dealer when i first bought my nightrunner. the bracket by the tailpipe has now broken off away from the pipe twice since march. i cannot figure out why this is happening. most recent episode was upon making a sharp right turn

V10MOJO said:
I had a Borla exhaust installed by dealer when i first bought my nightrunner. the bracket by the tailpipe has now broken off away from the pipe twice since march. i cannot figure out why this is happening. most recent episode was upon making a sharp right turn

Join Nascar racing..... They rarely make right turns.....

Seriously, I have had a Borla for years with no issues whatsoever... Sorry yer having probs.

D

Find you a good welder:rock: Bring it too me I will weld it up for ya;) Promise it won't break again:burnout:

never heard of the issue. sounds like it may not be on correctly. what year is your truck?

Flex

V10MOJO said:

Just a thought..possibly needs some flex room. If you are having these problems when you make hard turns. Sounds like an installation issue.
Perry

I had a borla and had the same problem. The problem I discovered was the pipe ran just under the leaf spring. When the car would go over something such as a speed bump the springs would extend and then push down on the pipe breaking the weld. You could only tell this was an issue if you put the truck on a lift and raised it up. Then you could watch the springs just push down on the pipe.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back