bottom end power

brandon93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine seems to be very sluggish on the bottom end, won't spin tires unless i brake burn it first, & sometimes thats a chore for it, when i bought it the spec list list said it has an antispin rear end (well it works) is there an easy solution for this, i have the only one around here so people want me to light er up, but embarrasingly its not that easy:dontknow:

Somethin is WRONG! You should be able to do a 200 foot burnout.......yes u will have to brke torque a little at first but it should scream from there....u r trying to spin 22 inch tires tho....go put some 16's on it and try it then...

Same thing with mine. From a stop I can nail it and it won't spin them and if it does only for about 5-10feet.

From what I've heard on here I believe it is torque management kicking in because alot of people with the upgraded PCMs noticed huge bottom end improvements. Boomer, Bone, or Nowwhat should be able to elaborate on this. Until then, power brake the hell out of it and let em burn! (it sure is fun!)

i get the same thing allllllllll the time will it burn out :burnout: ,come one spin the tires,:burnout: soooooo :rock: now its time for new tires :dontknow: but burning them offf sure has been fun:burnout: :rock:

Blakewilder said:
yeah the stage 2 flash will definately wake it up alot.

I will second that... before the flash I could get it to spin a little in 1st.. but 2nd and 3rd..I would only get a occasional chirp.

Now.. with the trq management gone in the DC stage 2... I just lightly break it a bit, and she spins all I want... hot or cold pavement.. if I do play I try to do it only on asphalt... cuz concrete kills the tires....

I just drop the clutch at about 2500 RPMs and she spins them right up to the rev limiter.:D

Bill.

The trq mgmt is only for us "Slushbox" weenies.... I dunno about the RCs and their manual tranny if they have any sort of skip shift system or traction control....

azpyroguy said:
The trq mgmt is only for us "Slushbox" weenies.... I dunno about the RCs and their manual tranny if they have any sort of skip shift system or traction control....

nope..no skip shift, no fly-by-wire, no nothing....

-Red

DC flash.....310-841-6996

Yes the 2nd gear band may still wear out ...but it is an easy fix...and worth it.....

Also keep in mind that during the summer months your truck doesn't have the balls it does in the cool weather...the DC flash can help with that too

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back