Bought Vision Motorworks 2.5" x-pipe

King Kong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, Just received this x-pipe on Friday, it has 2.5" inlet/outlets all the way around, BUT all of the tips are reducers from 2.5" to a 2 1/8" opening leading into the chamber. The chamber itself might be 2.5" (not 100% sure)...My question is, does anyone think this might hinder flow too much? I personally think since I am ridding the stock muffler, resonator, rear cats, and adding POWERSTICKS hi flow chambered mufflers, that the 2 1/8" openings might add some needed back pressure, but just a guess. Everything else is stock otherwise, so 2.5" pipes throughout the exhaust. My ultimate goal is to use this x-pipe just before the powersticks for counter balancing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I don't think x pipes help the v-10's sound or flow characteristics as the pulses are not scavanged the same as a v-8. not sure about the reduction but the 2.5 to a 2.125 is substantial reduction of air flow, I wouldn't do it myself.

seems like anything below 2.5 would be a restriction. you will still have back pressure from the primary cats.
i would think that anything after the cats needs to be free flowin

Okay well a bit of warning then, The Vision Motorworks x-pipes sold on e-bay are not true 2.5" x-pipes. I am going to order the Bassani's tonight. Thanks!

The OD of the x pipes should not be a problem. The only thing they are for is to balance the flow of the two sides. Send it to me I will use it.:D

FATJACK said:
The OD of the x pipes should not be a problem. The only thing they are for is to balance the flow of the two sides. Send it to me I will use it.:D

It's the ID that is bothering me. The tips are 2.5", but the inlet into the chambers are all just over 2"...Do you think that might be a problem, or should I just go for it?

The x pipe is simply for balancing the pressure between the two sets of pipes. I do not see a problem.

cool, well I'll try'em out when the time comes, if for any reason, I do not use'em I'll definitely let it go here at a discount :D. Thanks again!

You really don't want any backpressure, it's a misconception. I would warn against going under a 2.5 aswell, especially if your going to add more power down the road. The flow will be hindered when the pipes get smaller, velocity will slowdown a bit. The X pipe is really to try and add scavenging from the two separate exhaust banks, I would say go for the X pipe, just be carefull with the diameter changes. I would say to try and make the changes in diameter as minimal as possible, that slows down flow the same as unneeded bends. Good luck!

dont worry about it and use it. The fact that you are using a x-pipe now means that the each cylinder can now breathe thru 2 powersticks and not just one, You will be fine if you use it but if you insist try summit racing x-pipe. its a nice piece

Well I think I'll just hold on to this x-pipe for now. The muffler shop I'm going to has their own mandrel bending machine, so if they think the x-pipe will be an issue, I'll just have them fabricate something. Thanks for all your help, at least I didn't spend anymore $$$ unecessarily, I can get a bit anxious when I want something done:cheers:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back