BRAKE PADS

MUTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, with the great idea of the tire thread, having one place to look for tire info, i was thinking that maybe someone could set up a poll for brake pads as well. I did a search for brake pads and there are literally thousands of posts, spread out through 168 different threads giving opinions, websites etc. Maybe a sticky like the tire thread? Anyways if someone wants to set it up, here are a few of the brake pads that i have found so far in posts, in no particular order and i am sure not all of the options.

zeckhausen

performancefriction

porterfield-brakes

EBC

HAWK

centricparts

Setting up a poll is beyond me but I will say the zeckhausen's have ben berry berry good for me!! Had them on for about 6 weeks and love the no dust no squeel!!Washed my truck last night and could not believe the fact I did not have to cut up my hands cleaning the inside of the wheels for a change!!
The feel is a little different but still very good stopping power.

The problem is that different pads fit different truck models. Performance Frictions only fit the fronts of 04s and don't work on fronts of 05/06. They do make the rears for 04/05 (I'm not sure if 06 has the same rears). I can tell you they are BY FAR the best pad (and cheapest) for the 04s. Little to No dust, no squeel, and stop great.:rock:

I'll let someone else comment on the 05/06 options.:dontknow:

ViperTruck2933 said:
The problem is that different pads fit different truck models. Performance Frictions only fit the fronts of 04s and don't work on fronts of 05/06. They do make the rears for 04/05 (I'm not sure if 06 has the same rears). I can tell you they are BY FAR the best pad (and cheapest) for the 04s. Little to No dust, no squeel, and stop great.:rock:

I'll let someone else comment on the 05/06 options.:dontknow:

Must only be on the R/C. I have them on both ends of my 05 Q/C

I am pretty damn certain that I have the Performance Friction part numbers for my '04 for both front and rear......

Not sure if they're the same for the '05 .....I'd only presume they could be....:dontknow:

D

Django said:
I am pretty damn certain that I have the Performance Friction part numbers for my '04 for both front and rear......

Not sure if they're the same for the '05 .....I'd only presume they could be....:dontknow:

D
Performance Friction part numbers for the 04 are:
0965-20 Fronts
0702-20 Rears

The 0965's WILL NOT fit 05/06s. The 0702-20 WILL fit 05 rears.
I know that much for sure. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Performance Friction part numbers for the 04 are:
0965-20 Fronts
0702-20 Rears

The 0965's WILL NOT fit 05/06s. The 0702-20 WILL fit 05 rears.
I know that much for sure. :rock:

Well done, Tim......

I believe it was you who provided the numbers to me, initially..... Thanks.

Tim

Django said:
Well done, Tim......

I believe it was you who provided the numbers to me, initially..... Thanks.

Tim
No problem. Glad I could help. :)

HOT RAM said:
Can you still get the Performance Friction pads at AutoZone ?
They were available from Autozone's website also. Been a while since I've checked though, so I'm not sure if they are still available there or not. :dontknow:

moparracing said:
i bought the centric pads from dave z's site (email me if you need the website address), no noise or dust & great stopping ability........:rock: :rock:

I have never heard about the price on these yet.

Went to AutoZone tonight.The Performance Friction pads were $33 fronts and $40 rear for 04's.Guy said the vendor was out of stock,though.Any suggestions ??

HOT RAM said:
Went to AutoZone tonight.The Performance Friction pads were $33 fronts and $40 rear for 04's.Guy said the vendor was out of stock,though.Any suggestions ??

You can buy them direct from Performance Friction I believe....

Just make sure you give them the correct stock numbers for front and rear.... They fkd up once and got the wrong pads for me... Had to eventually go to AutoZone...

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back