Brakes making loud click noise?

fastbill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

haven't gotten her on the lift yet to see what's up, but was wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone... within the last two weeks or so, l've been noticing a loud click/clank noise coming from rear, almost always while turning slowly, like into or out of driveway, and can actually feel it in truck. Definitely sounds like it's an exterior component, meaning l don't think it's coming from within the rear, i.e. ring and pinion, but could certainly be wrong. l've visually looked at what l can while it's on the ground, thinking it is something in the CalTrac or lowering blocks, but all looks normal. Truck acts fine under any acceleration and braking, no wierd noises from anywhere else. Thinking something is going on with a caliper or something, and will get it on my bud's lift soon to check it out, but if this sounds familiar to anyone, it would be nice to be pointed in the right direction to start looking.
Thanks! Bill

how long has it been since you serviced the diff? sounds like your diff clutches are slipping. i would service the diff and add 2 bottles of additives.

TheMoparConnection said:
how long has it been since you serviced the diff? sounds like your diff clutches are slipping. i would service the diff and add 2 bottles of additives.

:dito: :dito: :dito:

thanks guys, sure hope it's the CalTracs...haven't had it up in the air yet to look. Will advise what l find, hopefully this weekend

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back