Breather ports in valve covers machined

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the factory breather nipples and had them machined to a -6 ORB thread. Heres a couple pictures and also the fitting to be used (I will use a black aluminum fitting rather than a silver steel one). The fitting is not tight in the valve cover in the picture but the O-ring does bottom and fits perfect. Any others from Alberta or anyone that want this done PM me and I will send you the machinists information. He built a special tool to do this for me.

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

Thats a great idea. :rock: Wouldn' it be better to go with a fitting that was a 90? Post pics once you get them installed. I'm interested in seeing how the lines are.

walbert said:
Thats a great idea. :rock: Wouldn' it be better to go with a fitting that was a 90? Post pics once you get them installed. I'm interested in seeing how the lines are.

Possibly, later this week when I get my block back I will figure out the best fittings and line lengths to use.

Are the factory breather fittings threaded also or are they pressed in? I wanna remove them before the valve covers go to be powder coated.

Looks great!! I am wanting to do the same thing and run two catch cans -6 an line.

Looks awesome!!! Can this be done to the oilpan? For oil return?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back