Brighter lights

Aren't our headlights 9007's? It looks like one of those would work in the 9006 fogs, but not the headlights....:dontknow:

dilly03 said:
Aren't our headlights 9007's? It looks like one of those would work in the 9006 fogs, but not the headlights....:dontknow:

9005 and 9006 are separate high and low beam bulbs
9007 (what we have) is a dual filament high/low combo bulb

That's me ! Hottest one around my town, anyway.

Truck is sounding great.Thanks for the advice,Stinker !!!!!!!!!

I'll find the web site that did a compo on them. Our lights for the lows are 9007, but the hir's are numbered differently. Ask the guy, he is a really nice person. And the only one that sells the real hir. These aren't the knock off ricer blue lights, and they give the closest purest light next to true hids.

http://foohbar.com/light_bulb_saga.cfm

I sent him an e-mail,no response yet.Our trucks do NOT have separate high and low beam bulbs.We have a dual filament single bulb.It is a 9007.These HIR are not available with dual filaments.He is offering 9005 and 9006 bulbs.I see that he numbers them differently and then gives the 9_ _ _ equivalent number to order by. BUT they will not work in our trucks.We only have two bulbs total,NOT two per side,therefor you need a 9007 or equivalent dual-filament bulb in order to have high and low beam.The 9006 ( I think ) will work in the fog lights.
Even if you could get it to fit in the housing and connect to the wiring,you are going to lose either high or low.
If I am missing something here,please enlighten me.

bub180jp said:
06's are 9008

Correct...the 2006 models have the 9008 models. I change the 9008 bulbs to the Silverstar extra bulbs and then changed the 9006 fogs to the Silverstar extra bulbs as well. They are not HID in brightness but I could sure tell a difference after installing them. I sent Max an e-mail as well about the HIR bulbs and he confirmed that he only has the 9006 bulbs and not the 9008 bulbs. I am going to order a set of 9006 bulbs for the fogs and try them out. I'll let everyone know my feedback after they are installed.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back