Burnout?

Cuda72

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm considering getting a QC SRT-10 to replace my aging Dakota R/T. I went and test drove an 06 QC today and it's a beautiful truck. However, on the test drive from a full stop I floored it and was surprised that it didn't smoke the tires at all. Should it be able to? I figured that should be a piece of cake with the V10 and the lack of weight on the rear wheels. This was in Phoenix AZ where the temp was like 93 today, if it matters. This is the first one I've driven, so I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with the one I test drove?

Thanks,
Troy

they detune the autos to save the trannies,

with a flash or tune it relieves that, and lets it perform the way it should

like a grocery gettin kid totin four door:D

Get a RC they will smoke the tires all day long.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

A quad cab should smoke the tires also.

was it black, red fangs emblem on the front? It mught be my old truck...you dont want to buy it...i abused the hell out of that thing.

mine didnt always smoke em from dead stop...but the temps out here in az make it tough in the summer.

before you buy pm me the VIN (if its black)

I had a 2005 QC back in 06 and sometimes it would burn the tires all the way thru first and spin into 2nd....other times it wouldnt even bark the tires...just the computer control....Like stink said a computer flash will release all that and she will burn rubber anytime..

HV SRT said:
Get a RC they will smoke the tires all day long.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

A quad cab should smoke the tires also.

Torque control won't let you smoke em - it'll let you burn em pretty good for quite a ways but it rev limits without the tune.

I have a 05 QC and smoke the tires easy

is not any more, but back went I got it just wiht k&n intake

My QC had no problem blowing the tires off it when bone stock,then when I took the cats off put a CAI and a SCT tune,it got real fun then!!

I wonder if the throttle cable was in the right position? We have seen the top cable come off of the bracket and it really makes the truck sluggish.
:dontknow:

06 had heavy tonneau(sp) covers, i think that gave it a little more traction. plus they were a little heavier overall

Tuned or detuned mine spins at will. Something is fishy about that truck if it can not spin the tires from a stand still.

I test drove 3 '06 QCs and only one didn't break the tires at all from a stand still. That was the one from carmax, it didn't run right and smelled really bad (cigarette smoke).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back