BUYER BEWARE

stealth78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is definitely something extremely suspicious about the door tag on this truck. Regardless of the efforts of this dealership the engine bay still looks disgusting after their cleaning efforts. Jeff, any chance of you checking the VIN?
2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 | eBay

Sure, I'll look when I get home. My phone will only show one picture. Let me guess, the VIN tag has a paper label on it

There were a number of early 2004's where the tire/wheel info was incorrect. The fix was to put a paper label over the wrong info with the correct info.

There were a number of early 2004's where the tire/wheel info was incorrect. The fix was to put a paper label over the wrong info with the correct info.

This truck has a date of 1/04 as does mine, yet mine states the proper tire size. I definitely would not consider Jan 2004 an early build.

This truck has a date of 1/04 as does mine, yet mine states the proper tire size. I definitely would not consider Jan 2004 an early build.

2004's officially went into production 11/19/2003

There is a document on Dodges website that shows this error on the tag.

without the sticker

Attachments

• 3D7HA16H74G167224-09.jpg
    3D7HA16H74G167224-09.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 69
  • VTR-0234-Door-Plate.jpg
    VTR-0234-Door-Plate.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 69
So no buyer beware, just a little education from a guy with a list

Vj

One with said label

Attachments

• VTR-0365-Door-Plate.jpg
    VTR-0365-Door-Plate.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 68
Thanks Jeff! So I need to ask the next question, if my truck and the truck in question both have 1/04 build dates on the tag, and this one is I correct while mine is accurate, what was the date that this was corrected? What was the exact build date of this truck?

I think you're wondering to far out into the weeds. Not all of the tags were mis printed. Without going through all the pics I have( and I have no desire to do so) it would still be a guess as to when Dodge got this SNFU corrected

I think you're wondering to far out into the weeds. Not all of the tags were mis printed. Without going through all the pics I have( and I have no desire to do so) it would still be a guess as to when Dodge got this SNFU corrected

Well I do live in MA and as of 12/15/2106 the WEEDS are getting deep around here! :D

Well I do live in MA and as of 12/15/2106 the WEEDS are getting deep around here! :D

The weeds here have been carefully hidden under blankets on global warming

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back