CAI

IMAG0214.jpg

Should have your painter paint it white and do the 505 in blue. Use the spare your brother has :D

The volant does look like shit. I am no mechanic but it also looks a lot more restrictive than the own of anything else for that matter. I would think that you want as few bends in the pipe as you can get. I also thought I read some where that by blocking the "power buldge" u would increase underhood temps, by allowing less cold air in you are also allowing less hot air out.

BTW That paint job does look bitchin

How much drivetrain loss did you eliminate when you threw in the 6spd?

Cannot wait to find out! I've put 20K miles on her since and haven't got to dyno her. I estimate I lost 50 lbs, gained 40 HP and gained 4 MPG:rock:

The volant does look like shit. I am no mechanic but it also looks a lot more restrictive than the own of anything else for that matter. I would think that you want as few bends in the pipe as you can get. I also thought I read some where that by blocking the "power buldge" u would increase underhood temps, by allowing less cold air in you are also allowing less hot air out.

BTW That paint job does look bitchin

I can say I picked up 2 MPH and that it absolutely does NOT affect underhood temps. I am going to do some customizing to it so it's a sealed system and try and do some pressure readings at the hood intake and see if there is really any air there to pick up of if it's in a vacuum area. I do have the Venom hood so it changes airflow over the truck a bit. Need wind tunnel testing.;)

I don't think it's that ugly? I do like the JMB type designs as far as athetics go though.:rock: Don't mind the dirty engine bay and grasshoppers in the radiator. We finally got rain in Texas so she needs a detail.:(

volant.JPG

volant1.JPG

volant2.JPG

volant3.JPG

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back