Can a Flash throw a code?

VIPER D.N.A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the check engine light is on. My problem is this, I live at least 4 hrs from any dealership, and its a pain in the ass to drive, have it checked, then come back a week later to have it fixed. I live at about 5000 alt. and only 91 octane. My mods are jmb catless mids, magnaflow cat, K&N drop in, and a Xmetal flash. All the 02 sims are plugged in. could the flash be causing the light? I dont notice any pinging, but dont know what else it could be. I told Boomer of my alltitude and octane before he did the flash. I'm in the process of getting a scanner, so I can fix small issues myself and not go to the dealership unless necessary. Is it worth putting the stock pcm in? or would the flash not be the culprit. I havent been driving my truck due to the light, so any input would be appreciated.

you can bring up the code by turning ignition key on and off 3 times in succesion. and then decipher the code right here on the forum,look under general discussion;)

Right now its just the lit up engine light. If I turn it off and on 3 times in succesion it will show the code? Where is it displayed?

Once you get the code post up so we know what it is. You can also clear the code by unhooking the battery for 15 mins.

Just to be clear, turn your ignition key on and off three times...on the third sequence leave it on...the code or codes will show on the dash. Be sure to write the code or codes down...post them here, we will tell you what they indicate.

And yes, you can delete the code by disconnecting the negative terminal of the batt. for a few minutes (10 mm wrench)...this is like cold booting your computer. You may eliminate the code if the system does not recognize the problem again...or it may reappear which will indicate that you should do something...sometimes it takes several days for the code to resurface, most codes are very simple to resolve.

Hey Guys I just threw a code today it was a P0455. You guys ever seen this one before?

mosrt10 said:
Hey Guys I just threw a code today it was a P0455. You guys ever seen this one before?

Here you go:

P0455-EVAP LEAK MONITOR LARGE LEAK DETECTED

mosrt10 said:

I think that might be your gas cap. It either isn't tight or you need a new one.

If you want me to tell you how to fix it that will cost...but you do now know what it is.

Let me give you a hint...charcoal...or you can check your gas cap.

Can a Flash throw a code?

Yes it can. In the war they used it for it.Nowadays i don't know.

Sorry, HO belgiumbarry. :confused: :D
( couldn't resist....:eek: )

there he goes again,anyone know what barry is talkin' about:dontknow: :D

SANCHOBA said:
there he goes again,anyone know what barry is talkin' about:dontknow: :D

hey Sanchoba, did no never used your flash as a boyscout to see something trough the woods ? or to signal your friends ? :confused: :dontknow: :p :D :elefant: :elefant:

AHA! flashlight! got-it! i think we are hoing this thread.all for now

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back