Can the srt 10 tow

todd hughes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2004 srt10 I know they say no tow but all i am going to tow is a in closed motor cycle trailer and my new iron horse motor cycle.:

You should be fine...there are guys on here that tow with RC and have no issues...even a mustang cobra on a race car trailer was just posted not long ago.

Your clutch is the weak point in the drive train...yes there are a few who tow with the RC. But considering the issue involved...I would go along with the recommendation from DC...no tow.

Different strokes for different folks...

I towed my Yamaha Rhino 1700 miles round trip to the Nats. It weighs 1200 pounds and the trailer 600 pounds. It killed my fuel mileage but that was all. The biggest concern would be the wind drag on the enclosed trailer,but if it is a smaller motorcycle trailer I think you would be ok.

The clutch and the rear end gearing are the reason the manual says that you shouldn't tow.

But smart driving and careful shifting have let several 2004 RC owners tow a variety of stuff.

Just don't plan on visiting any boat launches. :D

Hook the bitch up and tow anything you want, I would keep the weight under 5000 lbs, No Problem...

I tow my drag bike all the time with no problem. The bike and trailer weigh about 1400 lbs.

Towed my boat with mine all summer long:rock: :rock: Hook it up man just be easy on the clutch and no showing out with the trailer on:D That's hard on the drive train;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back