Can't Pump Gas into my 10!! Help!

Cablefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason my truck won't accept any gas. I tried two different pumps at one station and two more at another and the truck won't take on more than a few seconds of gas. Before I go to the local Nashville stealership I'm gonna crawl under it tomorrow and look for anything out of the ordinary like a kinked hose or loose clamp. The only thing I can think of is somehow the air valve is blocked or the actual feed tube is blocked. I have to drive back to Indy on Sunday so I hope I can get it fixed before then. If worse comes to worse I can get a loaner with my gold Chrysler extended warranty card...hahahaha. Any and all help is appreciated. Cheers!

had the same prob on the black truck & someone else posted up about it also.

GADodgetech said its the tank vent.

Look at your vent tube. It comes of the right side Of the fill tube if your looking at it from outside the truck. Try disconnecting it from the fill tube first. You just push the white tab in on the fitting and pull it off. If that doesn't work try disconnecting it from the gas tank itself. The only way you can get to it with out dropping the gas tank is to take the rear tire off and reach in threw there. There is also a spring loaded ball in the fill tube I guess for when the truck tips over but I doubt that would be it. I would look at the vent tube first and then go from there.

i had problems when the winds was blowing hard one time. doesnt happen often

eddie102870 said:
i had problems when the winds was blowing hard one time. doesnt happen often

He's talking about putting gas in his truck, Eddie. NOT taking a piss in the yard!:D

Mine did the same thing, was the ball in the fill neck. The truck will take gas at a slow rate so fill it all the way up, like to the point you can see the gas sitting in the neck. Put the cap back on and drive around. The motion of the gas sloshing around frees the ball back up. I've only had to do it once.

I had it happen once. Ended up pulling the entire inlet tube out. Check valve in the tank seemed fine. Checked all the purge valves etc....couldn't find anything wrong. Put it all back together and haven't had a problem since.

Based on others whove had this issue one common scenario seems to be water.

Within the last month another member took his into the dealer to determine problem. Haven't heard what the outcome was.

No luck guys...I disconnected and reconnected whatever my hands could reach under a lowered 10 on the ground that was gas tank related. I spent 20 minutes at the pump today trying to fill my truck up so I can drive back to Indy tomorrow. Monday morning I'm just gonna drop it off with dodge and see what they can do with it. I have to get some new tires put on too so maybe they can knock both items out for me. Thanks for all your help with this matter. I will reply back to this thread with the culprit when I find out.

There is a 3/4" hinged metal flap where the nozzle goes down neck to the gas tank. I saw mine fall out and go down the filler neck. Once in a blue moon I can only get gas to go in a few cups at a time. I'll spend forever getting a few gallons in and next time i need gas it goes in normal. Tried to fish out the flap with an extension magnet , no luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back