cant trust the dealership any more: stolen parts, broken into, damaged/missing parts

SRT102JZ

Reaction score
i dropped my truck off last tuesday at the dealership for some warranty work (replace stock oil lines, and fix power mirrors). took them a week to replace the oil lines and wouldnt get the window switch in until tuesday17th so i picked up my truck for the weekend on friday.

on saturday the CEL comes on but the truck is running fine. i pull over and look under the hood and upson close inspection i find that theres oil all over the inside of my engine bay and right front rim like they just took off the lines and let it spray everywhere. AND on the drivers side theres 2 bolts missing, one on the valve cover and another to the upper left of the valve cover on the head that i dont know what goes there. both of the holes look perfectly clean like they were just recently taken out so it had to be someone at the dealership.

later in the day i got the CEL code ran and it came up with O2 sensor high voltage, dont know what caused that but what a coincidence it happened less than 24hrs after leaving the dealership.

in the evening on saturday i suddenly start hearing a loud clanking noise everytime i hit a bump that sounds like an exhaust hanger broke. once i get home i get under the truck and well what do you know, my rear exhaust hanger has been CUT IN HALF. why in the hell would someone do that? there wasnt any reason for them to be in the rear of the truck. it was definatly cut by a grinder with a cutting disc because i can see the circular marks on the hanger and its a perfect straight cut.

i went in and had a talk with the service manager and he was pretty helpful and said he'd get it fixed tomorrow when i drop it back off.

PS: this isnt the first or second time something has happened to my truck while at the same dealership.
the first time i ever took it in, they decided to leave my truck out back rather than inside like they said they would, my rims get stolen off of the truck and ofcorse they broke the passenger window to get the lug lock from the glovebox and the broken glass cut up my door panel and leather on the seat. the dealership ended up replacing all the rims and tires and "fixed" my door panel and leather.

the second time my phone charger and some cds were stolen from inside the truck but i didnt notice until about a week later so i didnt bother telling the dealership.

third time was this most recent time

its safe to say im pretty PO'd at this dealership but i want them to get it all fixed. this is the first time ive ever been scared to drive the truck because of what else might have been "cut", "loosened", or "taken off" or what else might happen this LAST time i take it to this dealership

Damn...sounds like you should find a dealer in a better part of town...

SRT102JZ said:
i dropped my truck off last tuesday at the dealership for some warranty work (replace stock oil lines, and fix power mirrors). took them a week to replace the oil lines and wouldnt get the window switch in until tuesday17th so i picked up my truck for the weekend on friday.

on saturday the CEL comes on but the truck is running fine. i pull over and look under the hood and upson close inspection i find that theres oil all over the inside of my engine bay and right front rim like they just took off the lines and let it spray everywhere. AND on the drivers side theres 2 bolts missing, one on the valve cover and another to the upper left of the valve cover on the head that i dont know what goes there. both of the holes look perfectly clean like they were just recently taken out so it had to be someone at the dealership.

later in the day i got the CEL code ran and it came up with O2 sensor high voltage, dont know what caused that but what a coincidence it happened less than 24hrs after leaving the dealership.

in the evening on saturday i suddenly start hearing a loud clanking noise everytime i hit a bump that sounds like an exhaust hanger broke. once i get home i get under the truck and well what do you know, my rear exhaust hanger has been CUT IN HALF. why in the hell would someone do that? there wasnt any reason for them to be in the rear of the truck. it was definatly cut by a grinder with a cutting disc because i can see the circular marks on the hanger and its a perfect straight cut.

i went in and had a talk with the service manager and he was pretty helpful and said he'd get it fixed tomorrow when i drop it back off.

PS: this isnt the first or second time something has happened to my truck while at the same dealership.
the first time i ever took it in, they decided to leave my truck out back rather than inside like they said they would, my rims get stolen off of the truck and ofcorse they broke the passenger window to get the lug lock from the glovebox and the broken glass cut up my door panel and leather on the seat. the dealership ended up replacing all the rims and tires and "fixed" my door panel and leather.

the second time my phone charger and some cds were stolen from inside the truck but i didnt notice until about a week later so i didnt bother telling the dealership.

third time was this most recent time

its safe to say im pretty PO'd at this dealership but i want them to get it all fixed. this is the first time ive ever been scared to drive the truck because of what else might have been "cut", "loosened", or "taken off" or what else might happen this LAST time i take it to this dealership

can I take a guess and say it was at Maxwell North? I left my truck there ONCE, and they promised to park it inside as well. They attempted to steal my wheels, but something spooked them off I guess. Nothing happend, got lucky. I chewed thier ass out. Now I ONLY take it to the Dodge up in GTOWN. That is where Robert works, aka Mopar Connection. I would suggest ONLY taking it to him. He will take care of ya. Sorry to hear about this man.

:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Why would you go back to the same dealership after the first incident? One bad experience should be all it takes. Please post the name of the dealership so everyone in Austin can avoid them. Sorry for your troubles.

This type of disrespect to your truck is an outrage, furthermore who lets a car leave the lot without inspection? very poor management, and also sounds like unskilled techs. and the whole grinding of the exhaust,whats up with that:dontknow: :mad: , could be time to call corporate. or hire an attorney.

:confused: What I am trying to understand is why was there even a second time?:dontknow: Any dealership has one time to screw up before I go elsewhere.. I hope wherever you choose next is a major improvment.

Hey bro, one of our members here is a service manager at a dealership in austin. I think MOPAR....not sure.....but he has a yellowfever....:dontknow:

wheredwhogo? said:
can I take a guess and say it was at Maxwell North? I left my truck there ONCE, and they promised to park it inside as well. They attempted to steal my wheels, but something spooked them off I guess. Nothing happend, got lucky. I chewed thier ass out. Now I ONLY take it to the Dodge up in GTOWN. That is where Robert works, aka Mopar Connection. I would suggest ONLY taking it to him. He will take care of ya. Sorry to hear about this man.

Yup it was maxwell north. Only reason I take it there is because its down the street from my house and the truck is my only vehicle so I have to get a courtesy ride home and be stuck untill its done.

Thanks for the tip, ill definatly start taking it out to the georgetown dealership. This is my last time putting up with maxwell norths BS

SRT102JZ said:
Yup it was maxwell north. Only reason I take it there is because its down the street from my house and the truck is my only vehicle so I have to get a courtesy ride home and be stuck untill its done.

Thanks for the tip, ill definatly start taking it out to the georgetown dealership. This is my last time putting up with maxwell norths BS
Or you can drive all the way here to Fort Worth to my service dept:D

That is crazy. Is that dealership in the middle of crime central or what? If they have that much crime do they not have cameras or a fenced in pen to keep vehicles in? That just does not make any sense. As far as the cut hanger maybe someone was trying to steal the exhaust and got scared off. Do you have a custom exhaust?

Since they stole your wheels last time it is possible you have crack heads trying to get hold of metal to sell to scrap yards. Just a guess.

Hint....

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: STAY AWAY:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

SlvrSnake said:
That is crazy. Is that dealership in the middle of crime central or what? If they have that much crime do they not have cameras or a fenced in pen to keep vehicles in? That just does not make any sense. As far as the cut hanger maybe someone was trying to steal the exhaust and got scared off. Do you have a custom exhaust?

Since they stole your wheels last time it is possible you have crack heads trying to get hold of metal to sell to scrap yards. Just a guess.

Hint....

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: STAY AWAY:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Suprisingly, no the dealership isn't in a bad area at all. They keep all the vehicles in the back area which is fenced in and there is cameras. But when my rims were stolen it was foggy out and the little plastic lenses over the cameras were old and yellowd so you couldn't see anything. Also, it just so happened that there's a "back" gate that's only big enough for a person to walk through and it just happened to be left unlocked that night according to the service manager.

What suprises me even more is that I only had 3 rims on the truck, I had a flat the day before and the rim with the flat was at home. And there was a brand new regular 1500 with 4 brand new srt10 wheels. Why did the thieves take mine? The service manager said that mine also weren't the first set stolen. Id figure they woulda done something about it the first time but nope.

My exhaust is stock so don't know why they'd try to steal it unless someone is slowly trying to put srt10 parts on their 1500? Who knows

Screw that man, Somebody on the inside is definaltey screwing with your truck. If its behind a locked gate and they "forgot" to park it inside, thats horseshit, find another dealer.

SRT102JZ said:
My exhaust is stock so don't know why they'd try to steal it unless someone is slowly trying to put srt10 parts on their 1500? Who knows

might have been goin for the cats. pretty common around here for the platinum in them. 4 cats on one haul would have been a good steal
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

As said before, shame on you for going back to them. However, it definitely sounds like an inside job. Manager or service tech steals expensive parts, dealership pays to have it fixed. I would say go after them! If nothing else, maybe you will prevent future problems for others. I'm sure you probably aren't the only victim. :mad:

Damn i thought i had a bad week. I would of died if my truck gets to broke into. Damn man you would need to get some ass chewed on that one

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back