cat delete ??? help

''500hp''

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys here we go again i need your guys expert opinion i wanna do the cat delete thing but i just wanna delete two if i do which ones do i delete and what other material and parts will i need #2 is there a big differance between hi flow cats and deleting two cats horsepower wise ? input please

the 2 rear cats.

either gut them or have a muffler shop replace with a chunk of pipe

ZCx said:
the 2 rear cats.

either gut them or have a muffler shop replace with a chunk of pipe
will that make any cluster light pop up?

'500hp' said:
will that make any cluster light pop up?
No. The two rear cats are after any O2 sensors and therefore are not monitored.

'500hp' said:
ok guys here we go again i need your guys expert opinion i wanna do the cat delete thing but i just wanna delete two if i do which ones do i delete and what other material and parts will i need #2 is there a big differance between hi flow cats and deleting two cats horsepower wise ? input please

Any particular reason why you want to delete 2 cats, instead of 4?

Actually I heard the opposite. Delete the front 2. I heard the front 2 are more restrictive than the rears. Just what I heard, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Depending on where you live and if you got the hook up on inspection you should remove all 4 or just the back 2. I'm in Texas so I had to find someone who would remove the back 2 and gut the front 2, so it'll still look like I have em on when I go in for inspection.

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
Depending on where you live and if you got the hook up on inspection you should remove all 4 or just the back 2. I'm in Texas so I had to find someone who would remove the back 2 and gut the front 2, so it'll still look like I have em on when I go in for inspection.
Gotcha! Well as you already know, removing the rear 2 will not throw a code, but gutting the front 2 will throw a code, so you'll need the muffler shop to add spacers for the O2 sensors. Spacers are way cheaper than sims, same idea as using nonfoulers, so there is risk of throwing a code here and there, but worth the savings IMO. BTW the front cats have the mesh and are more restrictive than the rears which are honeycomb.

King Kong said:
crap I answered the wrong post :D
well i live in ohio and there is no inspection but what i really want to know is there a good power increse by removing the 2 rears?

'500hp' said:
well i live in ohio and there is no inspection but what i really want to know is there a good power increse by removing the 2 rears?
I read somewhere on here that someone gained about 17 HP after removing all 4 on the dyno. Guys who have done it will swear by it and will always recommend others to do it as well, especially if you do not have inspections and don't mind the noise. I did notice a big difference in performance and I kept the front cats, but I did my whole exhaust from the front cats back. The stock muffler and resonator (05 and 06 models) are lousy and so are the pipes after the resonator.

i just did mine. i notice more power for sure. and i like the noise better. factory muffler stayed for now. no light with the correct o2 mod. very happy. now to go to the track again. see if i can crack 13.

TXRamSRT10 said:
why did they even come with 2 extra cats from factory???

there was an error in the manufacturing process resulting in this. If you looked under the truck they even thru in an extra wheel

I deleted all 4 of mine,I noticed it pulled much harder and better on fuel too,spacers(spark plug foulers-is what I used) in the rear O2 sensors to take them out of the air stream of the exhaust and you will be fine!

FerrariTruck said:
there was an error in the manufacturing process resulting in this. If you looked under the truck they even thru in an extra wheel
ROTFLMAO

'500hp' said:

More air in, more air out....will always work.

I did my rear cats several years ago, loved the extra fell it gave so last week i pulled off the front 2 took i tire tool and gutted them and welded them back on, i wish i had done them all the first time, lots more throtle responce, better fuel milage, and it just feels smoother like the truck can breathe better, all i did was put the 2 anti spark plug foulers in each o2 sencer hole and no codes, very easy to do, well worth it, not really all that much louder.

Someone told me they just welded in bungs and put the 02 sensors back in place and no codes were thrown, I was going to do this. This might sound dumb but what is a anti spark plug foulers? and how does that work

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back