Cat delete question. Mid pipe size

Newfie-SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm deleting all my cats and was wondering if anyone knows the stock pipe size so I can get a piece of pipe to replace the cats. Just cutting before and after the cat and replacing with straight pipe. If there is a size that will just slip over that would work too and would help the weld be stronger and easier

I will be re-installing the sensors

I know I'll get a CEL until I get a programmer and NO there are no emissions control regulations in my area so I'm going to let my truck breath. :)

I seen a set of Gibson headers online for around $650 anyone have any thoughts one these? They are just shortys I can't imagine them flowing any better than the stock manifolds. I'm sure when they designed the headers for this beast they didn't try to choke the engine.

I have a borla system from the mids

Just use some anti-foulers on the two rear sensors and you get no codes. All they do is pull the sensor out of the exhaust stream but they work perfect. I was going to do the same, but decided to get the mid pipes from JMB.

I was told Gibsons were only for looks due to the 1.5" primary tubing........Hence the cheap price.

Thanks guys. I'll grab some 2.5" pipe

Where can I get them sims for the sensors or should I just wait to get the sct and run it as is? Truck might see 1000km before I get the sct

Thanks for the advice on Gibson headers.

I would pass on the Gibson headers also. Save up for a quality set and do your mids at the same time. Check out the Billy Boat web site and start working some OT!:D

Thanks guys.

I got the job done. Cats deleted and mid pipes back on the truck everything went smooth

Went for a good drive. Some WOT pulls and no check engine light.

How do you like the sound?????? Should be noticeably louder.....

How do you like the sound?????? Should be noticeably louder.....

It is much louder. Has a much nicer sound except for the crackle/pop when reving while stopped. But driving sound is real nice. You can really hear the air flowing a lot more.

I'm happy with the mod :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back