Catch can and Seattle???

apaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a JMB air intake and catch can setup on my 05 QC. I live in the Seattle area and as i am sure we are all aware it rains here. I noticed some water/oil mixture building up around the filter on the catch can so i removed the catch can and dumped it out and there was about 1/4 cup of oil/water mixture in there. It was like an opaque liquidy sludge (if that makes any sense). What should I do about this?

Thanks!
Anthony

apaden said:
I have a JMB air intake and catch can setup on my 05 QC. I live in the Seattle area and as i am sure we are all aware it rains here. I noticed some water/oil mixture building up around the filter on the catch can so i removed the catch can and dumped it out and there was about 1/4 cup of oil/water mixture in there. It was like an opaque liquidy sludge (if that makes any sense). What should I do about this?

Thanks!
Anthony

use it for coffee creamer :D ,,no serious ,,thats about normal drain a tad more often;)

what is the purpose of that catch can? is it absolutely necessary

SRT10SECONDS said:
what is the purpose of that catch can? is it absolutely necessary

To keep what apaden discribed from being sucked back into the engine.....not completely necessary but the vapor can cause detonation under load..

Okay great! Thanks for the reassurance!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back