cats deletes

if you delete you cats you can do one of two things,

1. take your rear 02 sensors and wrap them in a plastic zip lock bag and zip tie them up somewhere.

2. buy 4 spark plug defoulers(autozone), take two and drill them out to where the sensor reaches thru them. then put the one drilled inside the other not drilled, and the sensor inside it, then back into the exhaust bung. this places the 02 sensor out of the exhaust stream. do the same for the other side.

I suck at directions , but if you buy the defoulers, that fit the bung, you will figure it out. two go together, an one has to be drilled out:D

sims

If you can use them (ask Stinker) I have rear 02 sims ,you can have them.

running the o2 sims you will not be ready for emissions, because it will always say the readyness monitors are not ready... i had this problem i put 700 miles on my truck and they still weren't ready. so i ended up paying $100 dollars to get it to pass... they just pluged it into another car.

cat delete is easier to live with when you dont have emissions testing:D

well i didnt have to worry about it when i lived in Texas, but here in Vegas they plug the computer into it... :(

I have an '04 with full cat delete. I have the rear sensors strapped to the frame (no plastic bags, don't drive in wet conditions). No CEL.

In Illinois some counties use the emissions check that plugs into the OBDII port...if it is not throwing a CEL code, you pass the emissions check.

Be sure what your emissions criteria is.

They even commented on how loud and heavy the exhaust sounded...but I passed. Wait til the next time when it has straight pipes and no MagnaFlow!

ok thanks for the info so i need to use the o2 sensor extenders on the front sensors or the rear or both ???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back