CEL On

RedRamRules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got code P0442.

P0442-EVAP LEAK MONITOR MEDIUM (0.040) LEAK DETECTED - SRT10

Is there any way for me to fix this or do I need to go to dealer? The truck just turned 15000 on the ODO today! :p

Make sure your gas cap is tight (replace with new one if stripped) and do not try to pump extra fuel in your tank when the pump auto-shutoff stops. You risk flooding the evaporative purge system with fuel (resulting in the CEL you received).

-Muzzy

I run my tank 3/4 all the time (Cant afford putting the whole tank :D).

I last filled up yesterday morning, light came on this morning. Checked the gas cap, its placed correctly. :dontknow:

RedRamRules said:
I run my tank 3/4 all the time (Cant afford putting the whole tank :D).

I last filled up yesterday morning, light came on this morning. Checked the gas cap, its placed correctly. :dontknow:

Chances are it's the cap.

Take it off and put it back on. It should reset after 3 to 6 starts and drives.

Silverback said:
Chances are it's the cap.

Take it off and put it back on. It should reset after 3 to 6 starts and drives.
This happens to mine all the time and it is always the gas cap especially if the tank isn't full. :D

Mine did the same thing at 750 miles, took it in, they supposivly fixed it, came back on about 100 miles later. I now have 4K miles on it, have 2 codes, same one you have and the other think it is 0445 or something about more of a major leak detected. i just need to remove the PCM and take it back in. Although when it is warmer outside, it has gone away twice now, like this morning. Weird..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back