Ceramic coat of headers

SRT-MIKE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my long tube headers back on the truck after having them coated. Serviced the headers and also the catless mids for the heck of it, they really look nice and hare holding up without discoloring. Macedo Motorsports had it done, the choices were silver, black and "flames" :) , I opted for the basic metallic.

Really incredible how much cooler the engine bay runs compared with the bare stainless, I swear if feels 100º cooler. If you're running either stainless pipes or stock irons I recomment it, get rid of all the shields and wraps and let that baby shine.

I hear ya, Mike. Engine bay heat is a killer with these trucks.

I had my stock manifolds Jet-Hot coated and they dropped the temp almost 300º F.

While ceramic coating is good, Jet-Hot pwns.

Someone got a ball park difference in price between the two approaches...as soon as the snow flies...my headers are coming off to be coated...and the wheels are coming off to get a PermaStar makeover.

attila said:
how uc for that Jet Hot?

thanks
I'm sorry but I don't understand the question.

Roy- For my stock manifolds, with shipping both ways, it was about $400 for the Jet-Hot. Took about 2 weeks in total.
Maybe SRT-MIKE can get you a ballpark price and timeline on the ceramic coating.

You know, I could not tell you which one I have... All I know is it looks Metallic, it cost $400, and it took a week to get coated (locally)... and it works so damn well.

I'll have to call Macedo and see what system he used on my tubes.

Here's a link that shows the pictures of the Mopar long tube headers and mid pipes I had done through Dragon. The cost for it all was $445. They look killer. I have not installed them yet, in fact, I think I'll just sell them since I'm thinking about selling my truck, so I can't say how well it holds up on our trucks, but I've used their stuff several times in the past and have never had an issue with their products.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12450

GOT MY MOPAR LONG TUBES DONE FOR $190.00, LOCALLY. I OPTED NOT TO DO THE MIDS FOR NOW...OH YEAH, THAT WAS FOR CERAMIC.

I've had my stock Jet-Hot'd manifolds on my daily driver for almost a year now. The 'super-chrome shine' has faded a little, but it's still very 'silver'.
And it still works as well as the day I put them on.

I did mine for performance; not for bling. As they say, "Chrome don't get you home." :D

davo19 said:
GOT MY MOPAR LONG TUBES DONE FOR $190.00, LOCALLY. I OPTED NOT TO DO THE MIDS FOR NOW...OH YEAH, THAT WAS FOR CERAMIC.

Davo, I am a couple miles above ya up here and plan to get mine coated this winter since I had to weld a tad on em:D

Can ya pm me where you had yours done? thanks in advance:D

Stinker said:
Davo, I am a couple miles above ya up here and plan to get mine coated this winter since I had to weld a tad on em:D

Can ya pm me where you had yours done? thanks in advance:D

pm sent. let know if ya need anything else.

"As they say, "Chrome don't get you home." "

But it ain't kool if your chrome don't shine !!!:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back