challenger 6.1

bird

Reaction score
How fast do you think the new challenger 6.1 would do in the quater mile?

they say 11's but then I read another article that said they where 12's so again It is the driver.

lol I raced a new challenger with my wifes MSRT 8 it had a full tank of gas 300lb driver 2 bowling balls and 2 sets of clubs in the back and i was beat by a nose length. they are slow as hell. they are no different then any other SRT 8. Same nav system, same color inside same seats inside. save money and buy a SRT 8 charger if you want a srt 8. by the way my wifes car empty runs in the low 13 sec range. guess I was thinking it was going to be a whole new car the way it was hyped up. it looks nive but as a performance car i would wait for the camaro or get a roush 427r or a 428r mustang.

Last edited:
High 12's to low 13's depending... Little difference between the auto or standard. Some have said the auto is quicker. I would say the auto would be more constant.

Wil

As said above...low 13s with high 12s possible on certain tracks with low or negative DAs and drivers being equal.............The Challenger is just a disguised Charger/300....it has a slightly shorter wheel base and is maybe ~100 LBS lighter so it's ETs are going to be at most a tenth faster..

350rw from the factory, just a tune moved it to 383 rw in the shop here. I have a new underdrive pulley going on, and will try to hit 400rw bone stock.

I stopped in at the local Dodge stealer, they had a plain Challenger in red up on one of them showboat lifts out front. The red looks good on it, that's til I spied a all black SRT Challenger with the spoiler pkgs. It's a sexy lookin car.

no doubt it looks sweet and it doesn't matter how fast it is as long as when you turn the key it brings a smile to your face.

Yeah amvech it does bro:D

man i drove it this evening and smiled the entire time:p

i honestly dont want to change a thing but those ugly ass wheels:D

Like i told my neighbor , if i want to go fast.................I'll drive the pickup:p

Birdman,

Prob. high 11's/low 12's if you will wait on the six speed. Can't believe Dodge didn't give the consumer the option for the six speed THIS model year.

semmes1234 said:
Birdman,

Prob. high 11's/low 12's if you will wait on the six speed. Can't believe Dodge didn't give the consumer the option for the six speed THIS model year.

I wish it would but high 12s will be all she has on a good track with an excellent driver...6 spd or auto......you will need another 100HP at the wheel to see 11s..........the Challenger weighs almost the same as my 06 SRT8 Charger did and uses the same engine and trans.........only real advantage for the 09 will be the LSD rear in the 6 spds...

Stinker said:
after driving mine around, I doubt very seriously they would do a 12 anything "stock";)

One thing you will discover with the Hemi is a change in how it runs..this usually happens between 1500-3000 miles...will seem like you gained 25 HP all the sudden.......get you a predator tuner for that Chally Stink and you should see high 12s..

yeah i allready sold Eddie an diablo tuner and he said it made a WORLD of difference.

If anyone knows anyone needing one , i can get real good deals on them;)

but for now TNviper, i be reall happy with my little brutal 8:burnout: :burnout:

i think I turned 600 miles last night:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back