Change in Plans!

Big Asp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to build a Hemi Dart clone when I get home but I found this car for sale and bought it. My first car was a '65 Cuda and I have always had a soft spot for them. I had another one in 2000 that got totaled when some clown in a 5.0 on the 210 freeway in Pasadena missed his turn off and slammed across all the lanes of traffic. He caused a big pile up that took out my Barracuda and my brother's '65 Bel. We were on our way to the Spring Fling Mopar show in Van Nuys when it happened. The paint on my Cuda was three months old at the time. That Cuda ran high twelves out of the box with a Mopar Performance crate engine. This one will get a similar V8 swap to the Mopar Performance 402, an 8 3/4 read end, suspension upgrades, disc brakes, and a built trans. It'll have a similar stance to the Maroon car but I'm thinking American Torque Thrusts this time. This hood is in too good of shape to put a scoop on it. I may start looking for another hood to put a six pack scoop on. I'm shooting for mid to low 12s in a car that is very drivable and can actually stop and turn a corner. There are a few shots of my last Barracuda. The best part is I can use my license plates again, URFSHB8!

Attachments

• ch3.jpg
    ch3.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 38
  • ch9.jpg
    ch9.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ch10.jpg
    ch10.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 30
  • ch18.jpg
    ch18.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ch27A.jpg
    ch27A.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 23
  • cuda20.jpg
    cuda20.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 40
  • RMR.jpg
    RMR.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 37
  • wrecked fish.jpg
    wrecked fish.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 52
Congrats!!! I had a silver '66 with a 273 automatic when I was a teenager...lots of memories about that car...I loved the way all the seats folded down...so did my girlfriend(s) at the time...LOL!!!

Big Asp said:
I was going to build a Hemi Dart clone when I get home but I found this car for sale and bought it. My first car was a '65 Cuda and I have always had a soft spot for them. I had another one in 2000 that got totaled when some clown in a 5.0 on the 210 freeway in Pasadena missed his turn off and slammed across all the lanes of traffic. He caused a big pile up that took out my Barracuda and my brother's '65 Bel. We were on our way to the Spring Fling Mopar show in Van Nuys when it happened. The paint on my Cuda was three months old at the time. That Cuda ran high twelves out of the box with a Mopar Performance crate engine. This one will get a similar V8 swap to the Mopar Performance 402, an 8 3/4 read end, suspension upgrades, disc brakes, and a built trans. It'll have a similar stance to the Maroon car but I'm thinking American Torque Thrusts this time. This hood is in too good of shape to put a scoop on it. I may start looking for another hood to put a six pack scoop on. I'm shooting for mid to low 12s in a car that is very drivable and can actually stop and turn a corner. There are a few shots of my last Barracuda. The best part is I can use my license plates again, URFSHB8!
If'n ya need any parts for those I have quite a bit- Jet Hot Coated fenderwell Hookers, Formula S- K frame- Formula S- 4 piston calipers- Tubular Upper control arms- Formula S spindles ect ect

I love those older cuda's... I was looking at one of those for a while and then I saw this....been trying to get em to sell to me but so far he wont budge from 10k...69 charger, 318...tic toc tac.. hardly any rust!!! just a few big dents but no streched sheet metal.. this car came from riverside and sat in the sun for like 15 years and has been at this guy shop ever since..

IMAGE_079.jpg

IMAGE_080.jpg

IMAGE_082.jpg

IMAGE_081.jpg

IMAGE_084.jpg

IMAGE_085.jpg

FerrariTruck said:
I love those older cuda's... I was looking at one of those for a while and then I saw this....been trying to get em to sell to me but so far he wont budge from 10k...69 charger, 318...tic toc tac.. hardly any rust!!! just a few big dents but no streched sheet metal.. this car came from riverside and sat in the sun for like 15 years and has been at this guy shop ever since..

I love 69 Chargers, but there is no friggin way this thing is worth 10,000.00, not even in California.
What happened to the side marker Lites????

Very nice find Phil. Hope you enjoy her when you return.

If I remember right, you are coming home pretty soon.

Thats awesome phil, can't wait to see the project come together

Thanks everyone! Yeah, i miss my old car. These early Mopars have a lot of potential and are definitely unique. However, I used to get a lot of, "Nice Mustang," from people who didn't know better. :confused:

HaulinAsp said:
If'n ya need any parts for those I have quite a bit- Jet Hot Coated fenderwell Hookers, Formula S- K frame- Formula S- 4 piston calipers- Tubular Upper control arms- Formula S spindles ect ect

Thanks for the offer. I'm actually going with a magnumforce tubular coil over front clip with Wilwood disc brakes. Not only do you get modern performance, it takes 150 lbs off of the front end. http://www.magnumforce.com/store/de...BrandID=&Category=&SubCategory=&Search=&Page= I'm going with Doug's Headers with electric cutouts. Doug's Headers now makes an under chassis header for early A bodies. I've always been a fan of Doug's work. Everything fits perfectly, every time.

FATJACK said:
That baby is clean, did it belong to Jimi or Mark???

The last owner's name is Jose and he's from Miami.

FerrariTruck said:
...this car came from riverside and sat in the sun for like 15 years and has been at this guy shop ever since.

Is that Bob Mazzolini's in Riverside? It looks a lot like it. A new door, fender, rear quarter and some lead work and that isn't in too bad of shape. Any '68 to '69 Charger in any condition is going to cost you.

Silverback said:
If I remember right, you are coming home pretty soon.

Four more weeks. I have a bunch of parts for my SRT-10 waiting for me too! My son took our Jeep in to have some major rock chips repaired so it'll be all fresh and new for us when we get home. Have you done anything to your Jeep? I was looking at the Borla exhaust. Fastone (Steve) put one on his and really likes it. The Jeep is my Wife's driver and she doesn't want it any louder inside.

ViperJeff said:
Thats awesome phil, can't wait to see the project come together

You'll be able to see it happen right before your eyes! It'll be really good to hang with you again and have two red SRT-10s at the club events. It'll put the universe back in harmony. ;)

i got a buddy with a 70 charger, 383 car needs a lot but a good resto mod project car could be had for a couple of grand like 3 to 5 range

There is a big difference in the desirability of a '68 or '69 versus a '70 among the Mopar community. No offense to any '70 Charger fans. That is just the reality of the situation. You'll always pay more for a '68 or a '69.

Big Asp said:
Four more weeks. I have a bunch of parts for my SRT-10 waiting for me too! My son took our Jeep in to have some major rock chips repaired so it'll be all fresh and new for us when we get home. Have you done anything to your Jeep? I was looking at the Borla exhaust. Fastone (Steve) put one on his and really likes it. The Jeep is my Wife's driver and she doesn't want it any louder inside.

Nope, the jeep is stll stock. Actually my wife it trying to talk me into trading it for an Infiniti FX50S.

Damn nice car, but not sure I want to spend the money right now.

Looking forward to your return.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back