checked oil

dcrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked my oil for the first time today and i freaked out because it didn't even register on the dipstick.
i've only put around 500 miles on it since i bought it and i've had it for 3 months.
the oil was changed before i bought it from the dealership,so i am wondering if the lube and oil place didn't put enough oil when they did the oil change.
i checked under the truck and it is not leaking any oil,any suggestions.:dontknow: :dontknow:

dumb question but did you start it up and let it run for a couple of mins before you checked it. was the engine off? just common sense stuff there but if you did all that then you might just be low on oil. who knows

well i drove it for about 5 to 10 miles drove it back home and waited about 5 min. before i checked the oil.

sounds like the dumbasses didnt put enough in. thats why i do mine myself :D

These trucks do burn some oil. There was several threads about this when they first came out in 04. I always check my oil at least once a month. How much did you have to add to get it back up to full?

patrick

If you drive it hard it will consume oil!! The crank case breather system is the culprit.

If you romp on it hard in nuetral, once the rpms drop you will see a small puff of blue smoke shoot out the back!! I have had to add 1-1 1/2 quart between each oil change.

Just stay on top of it and keep it full, all will be OK!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back