Clutch is depressed... What is gtoing on???

Ventura SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I noticed when I got in my truck this morning to drive it that the clutch was kind of depressed, there was no resistance when I stepped on it, only very little resistance toward the bottom of the clutch and it was very hard to put in gear and it wont go into reverse. I drove it down the street only to find that it progressivly got harder to put in to gear, I drove it yesterday and it felt perfectly fine so what could be going on??? Is the clutch bad, could it have something to do with the slave clylander?:confused:

Sounds like you may have broken the pressure plate, but it could also be the slave and or master clutch cylinder. have someone look at the slave clylinder as you press the clutch and if its moving back and fourth a lot then id guess you broke pressure plate. May have been fine yesturday and then as it cooled down over night the pressure plate could have broke

Either Master or Slave I bet. First off, look in resevoir and see if there is brake fluid in it? Look under truck at bellhousing/clutch housing area and see if it is seeping fluid? If not get under the truck and disconnect the quick release fitting from the master to the slave and get inside the truck and push clutch pedal. If it moves it is the master, if it is hard as a rock and doesn't give it's not the problem.

Had the same thing happen to me the first month I owned my truck. Turned out to be a bad slave. Ended up replacing with the Viper hydraulics upgrade from ROE and threw in a new clutch while it was all apart. Worked perfectly since.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back